Answered

Google apps missing after 8.20.167 update

• 23 August 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi there. I am fairly new to Android and very new to Huawei. I have a Chinese-made Honor Max 8 and most of my google apps either went missing or not working with latest update. YouTube stopped working, as has Play Store and the Google Account section is now missing from the Settings Screen. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by kingharvest 26 August 2019, 10:59

Of course. I had meant to do that. I used the usual Android GMS files at first that were meant to load Google Services, Google Play etc.

But although it appeared that everything had been installed, Google Play Store still did not work.

I accidentally discovered that the issue was my OS. A newer download was required for Honor 8.

I downloaded and installed GMInstaller for my version of the phone, then deleted and reinstalled Google Services and stores from the previous download.

Hope this helps.
James
View original

8 replies

Of course. I had meant to do that. I used the usual Android GMS files at first that were meant to load Google Services, Google Play etc.

But although it appeared that everything had been installed, Google Play Store still did not work.

I accidentally discovered that the issue was my OS. A newer download was required for Honor 8.

I downloaded and installed GMInstaller for my version of the phone, then deleted and reinstalled Google Services and stores from the previous download.

Hope this helps.
James
Fixed it
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @kingharvest,

I'm glad to read that you fixed this issue. Could you share with us how you fixed it please? That might be helpful for other users! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thank you for sharing! 🙂
Hello, suddenly whilst on holiday sometime around Aug 14th, i can no longer access any google play services or apps. It says my device is no longer supported by google play services.

Is anyone able to help? I have contacted google but they are not replying.

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Pheeps I moved your post here as @kingharvest had a similar issue. Hopefully his answer might help you solve your issue.

Hope this helps.
James
Thank you, i did see this fix, not sure on file names, not very technical, so have been doing some homework.!
Several of you have posted this fix tk me so i will give it a whirl!
I am concerned though, that this may have something to do with the recent warnings regarding malware and filejacking, related to google.Consumers are being advised to remove google play apps, has huawei already protected me???