How to make a back-up

• 20 August 2018
  • 9 replies
How to make a back-up
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Community Manager
  • 2360 replies
It's important to do regular backups to prevent the lost of data. So, every once in a while you should back up your files and make sure you keep your files save.

Here are 3 easy ways to backup your files:

Huawei Cloud
Cloud Backup is an ideal solution to keeping your smartphone data safe and secure. By a few clicks, photos, contacts, apps, and other important contents will be automatically backed up in the Cloud. You can restore any available copy of backup data whenever necessary. Read more about Huawei Cloud it in this thread.

Phone Backup
When your phone has an SD card installed, it is recommended that you use Huawei's backup app. This feature allows you to easily back up your contact, photo's and all your apps and their data.

You can find the Backup app on your phone or download it in the Google Play Store. In the Phone Backup app, you can choose the location to which you want to back up your data. Click next and follow further instructions.

Want to restore your backup? Go to the Backup app, touch restore, choose the source of the data to be restored and touch next and follow further instructions.

HiSuite
Don't have an SD card or a new phone? There is HiSuite to help you out. This allows you to save your data to your computer.

Open HiSuite on your computer desktop. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. Allow connection in HDB mode: go to settings > advanced settings > security > allow HiSuite to use HDB. The phone can now connect to your computer.

Go to Hisuite, click on back up and select the data you want to back up. When backup completes, there will be a notification.

Want to restore your backup? Go to the home page of HiSuite, touche restore to access the restoration page. Here you can select the data to be restored as required.

If you have any questions or feedback, let me know! 🙂

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello,
I've just purchased a band 3 Pro. I have a Xiaomi mi A1.
Is it possible just to back up the health data?
I thought this data was stored on your cloud services but I have been reading that changing phones and other things means the health data is lost.
I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello @Skjerpdeg,

The Health data is stored into your Huawei ID account automatically.

If you will have a different phone, all you have to do will be to log in with the Huawei ID on the device and you will have the data.

Best wishes,
Max
@Max this is not true. I had to reset my phone and all of my data disappeared. I have been logged in Huawei ID - nothing was restored. I don't have any activity data, no sleeping data, my running plan is missing. What can I do to restore the missing data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @stIvanov,

Can you please tell me what device are you using?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Max,

P20 + Huawei SW2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@stIvanov It seems like your data was not synced with your Huawei cloud then. The data can be saved on the Huawei ID, but it needs to be synced with our cloud for that. This can be done by going to Settings > Huawei ID > Cloud > Enable the sync options.

If you do not wish to use our automatic backup feature (or if you have reached the storage limit), you can also manually backup your app data in the future by using either the Backup app (found on the Home screen, inside the Tools folder) or our HiSuite program (which can be downloaded on a computer from consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/ ).

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused, but your Health data should be safe from now on.
@Max I will try these options. And, I'm not connected to Huawei cloud as it's not available for my region/country (I'm in Bulgaria).

However, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@stIvanov hope the suggestions help, as for the cloud option I recommend you inquire with your local support team via consumer.huawei.com

Best wishes,
Max
@Max I tried with my local support - after a week in exchanging emails, they couldn't help me, so I deleted my Huawei ID and register again with UK location... It's working now. It's pity to know that you offer the same service with different quality and functionalities for different locations. I feel a bit discriminated