- Step count is now useless. At best, it only records the steps on the 'phone and ignores the wearable (Band 3 Pro) completely. As such, it can genuinely be thousands of steps out unless you carry your 'phone at all times. Accessing the wearable from within the app gives the correct information, however, so the 'phone can still see it.
- Home screen steps no longer graph either. While it records a number (... but see #1, above), it will sit forever trying to show the hourly breakdown
- Sleep tracking is the other way around... it shows the graph/breakdown, but doesn't give an aggregate value on the main app screen
Headline: Huawei, you critically broke this application five days ago, to the point where it's borderline useless. Don't just look to identify and fix the problem - revert the latest commits, re-tag the application, and push a rolled-back apk to the Play Store ASAP, please. That would immediately give everyone back the functionality they've lost without resorting to the steps below, which many users will be wary of and no user should have to do anyway.
- Download 18.104.22.1687 from apkmirror.com (you may need to check your chip instruction set)
- Enable third-party sources
- Sync your device and the app (to make sure latest data is in the cloud)
- Uninstall 22.214.171.1243 (you need to do this because Play will prevent you from downgrading otherwise)
- Install the downloaded version
- Re-connect your device
- If required, re-connect your account
I didn't lose any data by uninstalling/re-installing. YMMV, so at your own risk. If you lose data, if your house collapses, or if your kitten drowns as a result, it's not my fault.
After installing the earlier version, all graph data is available. That means that the sync is working properly - it feels like a database error, therefore. Similarly, the correct wearable step count is now shown, which means that value is being captured and processed correctly - it's the display in the app that's broken beyond repair.
I expect that the application will not now automatically update from the Play Store if and when a new version is released. That's because it's no longer installed from the Play Store, so that link has been broken. As such, anyone who goes down the road above will need to keep an eye on play.google.com or the Play app to see if the "last updated" date changes, then re-install.
- Huawei Band 3 Pro firmware 126.96.36.199(C00)
- OnePlus 6t A6013 (OxygenOS9.0.13, build A6013_41_190403)
- Huawei Health 188.8.131.523
Best answer by Ove
This issue has been fixed in version 184.108.40.2066, and new version is released in batches, please wait patiently for update.