Answered

Instagram video's out of sync

Show first post

196 replies

I received a mate 20 yesterday by mail. Instagram stories didn't work proper. I installed the app twice. Same problem: first story okay, second, third and fourth story of of sync.

So I sent the phone back.
Still nothing???? How long before this is fixed?!
Would not recommend Huawei to anyone! Customer service is absolutely awful. It shouldn't take this long to fix.
Hi, I just bought the P30 pro and I am having a terrible experience regarding Instagram. Videos on stories or feed are just horrible and out of sync totally. I read that people were complaining about the same issue for p20 for months so I hope this is not the case for the new phone 😕
Userlevel 2
Hi, I just bought the P30 pro and I am having a terrible experience regarding Instagram. Videos on stories or feed are just horrible and out of sync totally. I read that people were complaining about the same issue for p20 for months so I hope this is not the case for the new phone :/
If I was you I'd return it ASAP. Huawei customer service is non existent
Hi, I've just moved to the p30 Pro from iPhone so I'm not sure if there is a function I'm unaware of but when I am recording Instagram stories the volume on playback is so low. Is this a problem with the app or my phone? The microphone seems to work fine on calls etc

I also find my face appears stretched when recording stories on Instagram too, it's like the selfie camera is zoomed in when it's not, it's ever so slight but is definitely noticeable
i just experienced the same thing!! followed the tips from the first post but no luck!! i'm a blogger so updating my community is a must and i just failed because of this stupid update!! i'm using a Mate 9 and haven't had problems until recently when i updated my phone! i hope they can fix this asap because this is shitty!!!
Hi guys!

I also have the same problem as you, but yesterday I found a way to soften the problem while Huawei does not solve the issue in the end and I came to share with you.

On the camera phone, in any of the video modes, go to settings> resolution> format and select H.265.

Make the videos using the phone camera and not the Instagram camera. After recording the video, go to the gallery, select the video you want to post and share it in Story. The IG will split the video (if it has more than 15 seconds) and will upload normally, with all of them sync.

Esta solução é apenas para vídeos feitos no próprio telefone (com a câmera nativa, não usando a câmera IG) e no formato H.265. Eu sei que não é a solução que queremos, mas é um caminho que funciona.
Userlevel 4
Hi guys!

I also have the same problem as you, but yesterday I found a way to soften the problem while Huawei does not solve the issue in the end and I came to share with you.

On the camera phone, in any of the video modes, go to settings> resolution> format and select H.265.

Make the videos using the phone camera and not the Instagram camera. After recording the video, go to the gallery, select the video you want to post and share it in Story. The IG will split the video (if it has more than 15 seconds) and will upload normally, with all of them sync.

Esta solução é apenas para vídeos feitos no próprio telefone (com a câmera nativa, não usando a câmera IG) e no formato H.265. Eu sei que não é a solução que queremos, mas é um caminho que funciona.

That dont work! .... It seems Another employee of Huawei making false solutions(fake news everywhere )- stop tricking your customers and do the work, Huawei, 4 months with that problem ... Do you need programmers?

Hi guys!

That dont work! .... It seems Another employee of Huawei making false solutions(fake news everywhere )- stop tricking your customers and do the work, Huawei, 4 months with that problem ... Do you need programmers?

No, I'm not an employee of this fucking company. What's more, in my country there is no official sale of Huawei products, that is, I pay even more because I have to import the products. I'm just another frustrated Huawei customer who owns a Mate 20 Pro and works with Digital Marketing. I found this temporary solution and came to share with people that I know are going through the same problem as me. Now, if my tip does not please you, it's your problem. But be at least educated in not disqualifying my intention to help others who can make use of my suggestion. My tip is not fake. Just see the Storys I posted today in the artist's iG for whom I work (@sorrisomaroto)
Userlevel 4

Hi guys!

No, I'm not an employee of this fucking company. What's more, in my country there is no official sale of Huawei products, that is, I pay even more because I have to import the products. I'm just another frustrated Huawei customer who owns a Mate 20 Pro and works with Digital Marketing. I found this temporary solution and came to share with people that I know are going through the same problem as me. Now, if my tip does not please you, it's your problem. But be at least educated in not disqualifying my intention to help others who can make use of my suggestion. My tip is not fake. Just see the Storys I posted today in the artist's iG for whom I work (@sorrisomaroto)

I'm glad you're not your employee,It was an ironic comment. no offense.Sorry

but your solution to change the codec does not work.
I own a P30 Pro and I have no issue with it, except when zooming, when I zoom it gives me an extreme delay but besides that, everything's smooth.

I think I have no problems with video because I have the Beta version of Instagram.

So, If you're not a Beta Tester yet, follow this link and just apply to be a Beta Tester.

After some minutes, see if you've an update on play store, which is the Instagram update.

If it works for you let me know.

English is not my native language so sorry.

Give a like if my method worked for you.
Thanks Vitor!

It did not really help the very way you pointed, but I played with resolutions of the camera and finally got it. So, try with different resolution 265 as Vitor said, make it via camera and the share to stories. Worked for me, thankfully, it was a nightmare.
Hi there

I have a Huawai P smart+
INE-LX1
5MG4C18A10002370

I work as a Social Media Manager and Coach and that's why I need a urgent solution. When add stories to my Instagram account, the quality is really bad. I tried to upload the SAME video with the I Phone of my boyfriend, and then the quality ist good. I read it's a Huawei Problem....

HOW TO FIX THAT PROBELM

Cheers
patricia
Userlevel 4
it is a shame!

we are going for 5 months WITHOUT SOLUTION !

I have spoken with everyone in Huawei, even with the person from the cafes.

the only thing they can say is to clean cache and that the error will be studied.

IT IS A SHAME.

5 months!! WITHOUT SOLUTION.

I will never buy Huawei again.

I feel cheated.

the same video uploaded to instagram with a Samsung or an Apple works perfect.

Do not try to cheat your customers by blaming Instagram.

All the other Andoroid and IOS devices work perfectly.

Shame huawei

STILL WAITING SOLUTION
Userlevel 4
The solution to changing the codec did not work.
Quando um zoom, o zoom não é um problema com ele, quando o zoom, quando eu zoom dá-me um novo extremo, mas, além disso, tudo é suave.

Acho que não tenho problemas com o vídeo porque tenho a versão beta do Instagram.

Então, se você ainda não é um Testador Beta, siga este link e apenas se inscreva para ser um Testador Beta.

Depois de alguns minutos, veja se você tem uma atualização na loja de jogos, que é uma atualização do Instagram.

Você me avise.

Não é minha língua nativa, então sinto muito.

Dê um like como se fosse meu funcionou para você.

Quando um zoom, o zoom não é um problema com ele, quando o zoom, quando eu zoom dá-me um novo extremo, mas, além disso, tudo é suave.

Acho que não tenho problemas com o vídeo porque tenho a versão beta do Instagram.

Então, se você ainda não é um Testador Beta, siga este link e apenas se inscreva para ser um Testador Beta.

Depois de alguns minutos, veja se você tem uma atualização na loja de jogos, que é uma atualização do Instagram.

Você me avise.

Does the pro p30 come with the EMUI 9.1 release? I had read that yes. If this is true, that may be why your phone is not having this same problem. The version of my still is emui 9.

Você me avise.

Does the pro p30 come with the EMUI 9.1 release? I had read that yes. If this is true, that may be why your phone is not having this same problem. The version of my still is emui 9.

Yes, I'm running EMUI 9.1.0 indeed.
Huawei should stop marking this as "solved" - its misleading.... how is there not a fix for this. have this issue on BOTH my mate10 and P20pro
Userlevel 4
shame!

What I have learned from Huawei:

Zero customer care

Zero after sales service

zero confidence.

they do not stop lying, saying that it is solved. AND IT'S A LIE

all huawei users are reporting the same problem and do nothing.

Those who are on time that no HUAWEI device is purchased. GARBAGE and not responsible.

buy xiaomi samsung or apple, they dont ignore the problems
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @lesterchee , @Pepephone ,

Soory you're disappointed with the response so far on this issue. The issue is still with the support team and this can take some time, which I appreciate can be frustrating. In the meantime, we've tried to make the best answer/response from a community member visible as this might also help other community members. I agree though, the generic 'solved' label when a topic has an 'answer' may be a little misleading.

Thanks for your continued patience whilst this is investigated.
Userlevel 4
@Danjl
Patience? Patience can be ordered 1 week, 2 weeks.
This is a shame, worthy of denouncing consumption.

4 months? It seems normal and worthy of a company like Huawei, be more than 4 months without solving the problem?

and surely that is another lie, I doubt very much that you are investigating anything.

SHAMEFUL COMPANY

4 months
without being able to use the main applications INSTAGRAM IMAGE QUALITY ZERO

Patience?

shame of company, be clear that I will tell this experience to everyone who asks me about the Huawei p30 pro

4 months without solution, almost 5 months
Huawei mate 20 Pro user, reporting in 29th April, videos still desync with audio on Instagram and other major social apps, I can't believe it is still an ongoing issue on such a great phone. Hope this gets fixed somehow, if I could go back in time and reselect another upgrade I would.
Had been recording video and moments on my phone but once upload to IG story it seems like its always out of sync. It's not once but it ALWAYS. It's been annoying to me to the point that except for its camera, its just straight up trash. Any idea whats the cause ? Don't seem to experience this on iPhone tho. Were it really just trash or anyway to solve it ? Is it due to its weak processor or ram something like that ? I dont know for sure. Need some help here

* Take note this weren't captured on my IG camera, it was captured using phone camera
Same problem here with P20 Pro.
In Instagram Stories the video preview freezes every second when I try to upload videos with 1080p or higher. Videos with 720p or less are okay.

Sorry for my bad English