Answered

Instagram video's out of sync

Show first post

196 replies

Userlevel 4
WELL WELL, it seems that I am not the only one who has been with the problem for 6 months!

WHAT SHAME HUAWEI

APPLICATIONS # 1 DO NOT WORK WELL .... STOP CRYING, BLAME TRUMP AND DO YOUR WORK

# P20PRO # P30PRO
Userlevel 2
Hey.

I have half a year already this problem. Huawei Russia promised me that this problem will be fixed soon. But a few months have passed and nothing.

I have a P20 Pro. Tips from this thread did not solve the problem.
Hi. Is anyone else have problems with sound level? It's about half the volume of all other apps and main camera?
Userlevel 2
Guys, seen as Huawei are a load of poop can we all try and work together to find our own solution. I can not justify returning such a great phone back, and am determined to find a solution / workaround.

Here is my Analysis on the issue itself AND what I have tried so far. Lets make a list of what we have all tried so maybe we can come up with a solution together.

Firstly, I bought my P20 Pro Brand New, 3 days ago.

What is the problem? For me, I can record a video no problem and upload it onto my story, but when I hold the button for longer than 15 seconds, the next clip is completely off sync. And the clip after that, and the next clip...etc. If I upload clips seperately, all under 15 seconds, there is no issue. It is only an issue when you want to hold down record for more than 15 seconds and multiple clips are recorded and uploaded.

• I have cleared app cache...etc
  • I have recorded the video outside of Instagram (over 15 seconds) with no luck.
  • I have changed resolution to 720p and changed to H.265 Format
Reply to me and I will add to this list, so that we can come up with some new suggestions for fixes / workarounds.

Friend, we have already tried many ways. Nothing helps. please read the whole thread and you will see all the pain.

I like that you are so optimistic. And I will be glad if you find a solution. But I advise you to return the phone back.
Userlevel 2

Guys, seen as Huawei are a load of poop can we all try and work together to find our own solution. I can not justify returning such a great phone back, and am determined to find a solution / workaround.

Here is my Analysis on the issue itself AND what I have tried so far. Lets make a list of what we have all tried so maybe we can come up with a solution together.

Firstly, I bought my P20 Pro Brand New, 3 days ago.

What is the problem? For me, I can record a video no problem and upload it onto my story, but when I hold the button for longer than 15 seconds, the next clip is completely off sync. And the clip after that, and the next clip...etc. If I upload clips seperately, all under 15 seconds, there is no issue. It is only an issue when you want to hold down record for more than 15 seconds and multiple clips are recorded and uploaded.

• I have cleared app cache...etc
  • I have recorded the video outside of Instagram (over 15 seconds) with no luck.
  • I have changed resolution to 720p and changed to H.265 Format
Reply to me and I will add to this list, so that we can come up with some new suggestions for fixes / workarounds.
Friend, we have already tried many ways. Nothing helps. please read the whole thread and you will see all the pain.

I like that you are so optimistic. And I will be glad if you find a solution. But I advise you to return the phone back.
I did read the whole Thread. I am not going to bring it back, it is too good a phone and the battery is SO GOOD. No other phone will satisfy me, unless I am spending twice the money too.

I am just going to remember to record my Stories in clips instead of holding onto the video into the next clip, which will go off sync. There is no issue when doing each clip on its own.

Because of this customer opinion, companies like Huawei can ignore such problems. "Haha, will still buy". That's your business.

code:
Hello everyone.
The problem, if I understand correctly, is the incompatibility of the Kirin 980 processor with the instagram application.
HUWAI managers must directly contact the INSTAGRAM management to upload an update of their application to make it compatible.
We are many to have chosen HUAWEI and the mate 20 pro to leave APPLE or others.
You start to make us regret our choice and personally I really think to return to Iphone if the problem is not resolved!
This is really not representative of a quality service ..

Act fast!

Amen, it's a shame

Have same problem with instagram since EMUI 9 ( not branded P10, Austria)
I've always used the stock camera app for videos in 1080p 60fps and then selected them in instagram>Add to story> choosed from last video captures . That worked great, since the update to EMUI 9 ( Android 9 Pie) the videos in instagram story preview are not usable, it shows like 10fps, and sound is unsynchronized. In general, looking at the storys from other are also displayed in low fps!
  • clear cache
  • tried instagram version that worked great on EMIU8
  • tried beta instagram version
nothing helps

another bug that i noticed is Stock Camera App which FORCE CLOSE after taking several pictures in a row.
the result ist Kernel panic and phone Reboots !!!!!! Immediately after reboot I tried again to take photos and right after the ~second photo again Kernel panic and REBOOT!!! which can be done in a loop !!!
very disappointing, the phone was perfect before update to EMUI9 and I was happy that the developers continue to work on the updates, but this is absolute no-go!

i think that something went very wrong with Android 9 adoption to EMUI9.
Userlevel 4
Video and audio Sync problem Instagram Huawei P30 PRO
Video and audio Sync problem Instagram Huawei P20 PRO

The flagship products of last year and this year, 5 months with the same problem.

As this is a forum to help HUAWEI users, there goes the best answer:

Do not buy Huawei, do not buy 30 pro.
If you bought it, return it.

I have the P20 Pro, I can not return it. I can downgrade OS ... nothing only eat this problem.

THANKS HUAWEI FOR NOTHING

Buy a RESPONSABlE brand that answers the problems.
@Max please solved this...
Guys, in some way I found a solution for this non sync Instagram thing. I started to edit videos, matching beat with video, and today when i tried to put 34sec video on story it was totally out of sync with audio when after 15sec next same story started, and most important thing that I was kinda singing and made really good story, but like I said it was out of sync, so was thinking how I could fix it, and after a few tries I did it, perfectly sync 34sec story, just spit video into 15sec each(I was using YouCut app) and upload it one by one. You can thank me later. 😝
Don't believe it? Check on my story @ Buinauskas
i downloaded the app "inshot" and i trimmed it to a 1 minute video then saved it and then when i uploaded it to instagram it got fixed the audio was perfectly on sync it may take some time but it was worth it!
Hi guys!

I also have the same problem as you, but yesterday I found a way to soften the problem while Huawei does not solve the issue in the end and I came to share with you.

On the camera phone, in any of the video modes, go to settings> resolution> format and select H.265.

Make the videos using the phone camera and not the Instagram camera. After recording the video, go to the gallery, select the video you want to post and share it in Story. The IG will split the video (if it has more than 15 seconds) and will upload normally, with all of them sync.

Esta solução é apenas para vídeos feitos no próprio telefone (com a câmera nativa, não usando a câmera IG) e no formato H.265. Eu sei que não é a solução que queremos, mas é um caminho que funciona.
Hi there, just bought the mate 20 pro. Love the phone and the camera quality but quite disappointed with compatibility with key apps such as Instagram. The story video upload quality is really bad... Grainy and pixelated with seemingly no option to improve upload quality. It also crops text when viewing other people's stories. For a phone with such great potential this seems like a bit of a flaw considering how widely used instagram is. Any tips?
Nomatter what i do, it does NOT work.. P20 is a great phone - but NOT a instagram phone. I used a lot of money on this new great photo phone, but now i have to buy a new phone, sadly not Huawei, bc i dont wanna buy a great phone which turns out to be useless on instagram... Im so dissapointed, i called huawei DK and the told me to contact instagram, and they dont answer me. I think Huawei should be more service minded and solve the problem with instagram, that can NOT be my job as a costumer!! so sad so sad....
Userlevel 2
I wrote a personal message to Amy and created a new topic to get attention - https://uk.community.huawei.com/apps-39/instagram-problems-5302
Userlevel 4
it is a shame!

we are going for 5 months WITHOUT SOLUTION !

I have spoken with everyone in Huawei, even with the person from the cafes.

the only thing they can say is to clean cache and that the error will be studied.

IT IS A SHAME.

5 months!! WITHOUT SOLUTION.

I will never buy Huawei again.

I feel cheated.

the same video uploaded to instagram with a Samsung or an Apple works perfect.

Do not try to cheat your customers by blaming Instagram.

All the other Andoroid and IOS devices work perfectly.

Shame huawei

STILL WAITING SOLUTION
i have a p20 and im going to try to do a factory reset to see if the instagram problem is resolved will update soon otherwise lets all file a lawsuit against instagram and huawei .
Hi Everybody!
I got. Same problem when I upload a video on Instagram or Facebook.

I cleared cache.
I reinstalled Instagram.
I also wiped cache partition.
Also switched my profile back to private.
Nothing has worked.

When I shoot an IG story for example the first one is in sync, the other following are not in sync. Same for posting 1 min long video on my IG page or fb page.

I need help.
I just bought p20 in October!
Userlevel 4
well done.

THE ERROR IS SOLVED.

AFTER 6 MONTHS OF CALLS, EMAILS, AND FORUM ....

THEY HAVE SOLVED IT WITH THE UPDATE TO 9.1

VERY WELL. CONGRATULATIONS

EVERYTHING RETURNS TO WORK AS SHOULD ON A DEVICE OF $ 900

THANK YOU HUAWEY
Userlevel 4
The solution to changing the codec did not work.
Hello I've bought this phone the last week for its camera but I'm an instagrammer so today I discovered while recording stories that they are out of sync... And that instagram doesn't upload all videos but some of them no... It say impossible to upload! I'm very disappointed! I thought that downloading the last version of Instagram it works but it doesn't work at all 😭😭😭 I'm very sad. I think I will return it back. Is impossible for me to have a phone where instagram doesn't work...
Anybody fixed it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. I've raised this with the support team to look into.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Pepephone ,

Sorry I can't be of more help with this. The issue remains flagged with the support / development team and hopefully this issue can be effectively resolved.
Hello, I'm facing the same problem and it's not just on Instagram, it's also on Snapchat. This makes it very hard for me to my job as a blogger. It's frustrating and all the mentioned solutions above did not work.
This is extremely disappointing especially for a person who switches from iPhone for the first time ever.
Please find a solution.
Hello! I've been experiencing the same issue since January...

What I understood is that it's not a Huawei issue, but a Instagram issue caused by their video compression. You can notice that by trying to edit your video and set it to 480 in order to decrease it's MBs. It will upload fine.

What I do to upload a Full HD video is editing it with InShot app downloaded on PlayStore and saving it in Full HD. After this I upload the edited video. This way my video will be no longer choppy or laggy. The resolution will still not be the best, but as I said before is a Instagram video compression issue.

Let me know if this helps you. 😄
Userlevel 4
And I can add that this does not stay in the audio synchronization:

I have made different uploads of the same file:

in different devices, and the final result is totally different.

I have tried an Iphone xs max, a p30 pro and my own p20 pro.

The quality of the Apple and IOS is a thousand times better than that of Huawei and EMUI.

What kind of a joke is this HUAWEI?

How many reviews have you paid?

What HELL are they doing? the phone was perfect with emui 8.1 !!!!!!

PLEASE ALLOW DOWNGRADE