Answered

Instagram video's out of sync

Show first post

194 replies

Guys, seen as Huawei are a load of poop can we all try and work together to find our own solution. I can not justify returning such a great phone back, and am determined to find a solution / workaround.

Here is my Analysis on the issue itself AND what I have tried so far. Lets make a list of what we have all tried so maybe we can come up with a solution together.

Firstly, I bought my P20 Pro Brand New, 3 days ago.

What is the problem? For me, I can record a video no problem and upload it onto my story, but when I hold the button for longer than 15 seconds, the next clip is completely off sync. And the clip after that, and the next clip...etc. If I upload clips seperately, all under 15 seconds, there is no issue. It is only an issue when you want to hold down record for more than 15 seconds and multiple clips are recorded and uploaded.

• I have cleared app cache...etc
  • I have recorded the video outside of Instagram (over 15 seconds) with no luck.
  • I have changed resolution to 720p and changed to H.265 Format
Reply to me and I will add to this list, so that we can come up with some new suggestions for fixes / workarounds.
Friend, we have already tried many ways. Nothing helps. please read the whole thread and you will see all the pain.

I like that you are so optimistic. And I will be glad if you find a solution. But I advise you to return the phone back.

I did read the whole Thread. I am not going to bring it back, it is too good a phone and the battery is SO GOOD. No other phone will satisfy me, unless I am spending twice the money too.

I am just going to remember to record my Stories in clips instead of holding onto the video into the next clip, which will go off sync. There is no issue when doing each clip on its own.
Userlevel 2

Guys, seen as Huawei are a load of poop can we all try and work together to find our own solution. I can not justify returning such a great phone back, and am determined to find a solution / workaround.

Here is my Analysis on the issue itself AND what I have tried so far. Lets make a list of what we have all tried so maybe we can come up with a solution together.

What is the problem? For me, I can record a video no problem and upload it onto my story, but when I hold the button for longer than 15 seconds, the next clip is completely off sync. And the clip after that, and the next clip...etc. If I upload clips seperately, all under 15 seconds, there is no issue. It is only an issue when you want to hold down record for more than 15 seconds and multiple clips are recorded and uploaded.

• I have recorded the video outside of Instagram (over 15 seconds) with no luck.
Reply to me and I will add to this list, so that we can come up with some new suggestions for fixes / workarounds.
Friend, we have already tried many ways. Nothing helps. please read the whole thread and you will see all the pain.

I like that you are so optimistic. And I will be glad if you find a solution. But I advise you to return the phone back.
I did read the whole Thread. I am not going to bring it back, it is too good a phone and the battery is SO GOOD. No other phone will satisfy me, unless I am spending twice the money too.

I am just going to remember to record my Stories in clips instead of holding onto the video into the next clip, which will go off sync. There is no issue when doing each clip on its own.

Because of this customer opinion, companies like Huawei can ignore such problems. "Haha, will still buy". That's your business.
Userlevel 4

this comment seems like the hundreds of paid reviews and opinions bought with cash .... huawei do your job .....
i have a p20 and im going to try to do a factory reset to see if the instagram problem is resolved will update soon otherwise lets all file a lawsuit against instagram and huawei .
Userlevel 4
i have a p20 and im going to try to do a factory reset to see if the instagram problem is resolved will update soon otherwise lets all file a lawsuit against instagram and huawei . these fuckers.

Do not waste an hour of your life ... and spend data on backup copies ... that's already tried ... it does not work.
Userlevel 4
Hi everyone, I have found an interim solution, well - it works for me at least until Huawei can fix it. I have a video editing app that I downloaded from the Play Store. I literally copy my video into the app, edit it as I would like it when uploading, I then save it and upload. The videos all seem to be insync. Hope it works for you too. I'm using the P20.

Thank you ... I also have many intermediate solutions ... but what I want is that my 900 € phone works like a 900 € phone not like a 150 dollar phone
Userlevel 4
I have a friend who just bought the p30 pro ..... and the same problem ...
Guys, in some way I found a solution for this non sync Instagram thing. I started to edit videos, matching beat with video, and today when i tried to put 34sec video on story it was totally out of sync with audio when after 15sec next same story started, and most important thing that I was kinda singing and made really good story, but like I said it was out of sync, so was thinking how I could fix it, and after a few tries I did it, perfectly sync 34sec story, just spit video into 15sec each(I was using YouCut app) and upload it one by one. You can thank me later. 😝
Don't believe it? Check on my story @ Buinauskas
Userlevel 4
if it is not a story? Because my posts can not be edited, try uploading a video, editing it with filters, trimming ... In the instagram app you can't do anything!!! Lag video.....

Pleas bots Huawei stop blaming , and solve the 6 month problem!

Shame that Instagram app can't move videos.... Kirin processor bad software..... Shame Huawei
Hello! I've been experiencing the same issue since January...

What I understood is that it's not a Huawei issue, but a Instagram issue caused by their video compression. You can notice that by trying to edit your video and set it to 480 in order to decrease it's MBs. It will upload fine.

What I do to upload a Full HD video is editing it with InShot app downloaded on PlayStore and saving it in Full HD. After this I upload the edited video. This way my video will be no longer choppy or laggy. The resolution will still not be the best, but as I said before is a Instagram video compression issue.

Let me know if this helps you. 😄
Userlevel 2
What I understood is that it's not a Huawei issue, but a Instagram issue caused by their video compression

It is a lie. My wife has a P10 and 3 months ago, Huawei released EMIU for her phone and the problem disappeared.

I bought the phone for 900$. I do not have to waste my time and compress video. And getting low quality videos on my instagram.

What I understood is that it's not a Huawei issue, but a Instagram issue caused by their video compressionIt is a lie. My wife has a P10 and 3 months ago, Huawei released EMIU for her phone and the problem disappeared.

I bought the phone for 900$. I do not have to waste my time and compress video. And getting low quality videos on my instagram.

You're right. Right now I wouldn't buy an other Huawei smartphone because of this issue and i'm waiting for the next iPhone.

I just wrote that solution i've found myself hoping it could help other users in my situation for now.

Cheers
Userlevel 4
the maximum embarrassment is to see how the moderator of huawei "AMY" @Amy only gives LIKE to the answers that blame others, or those that do not solve the problem.

IT IS LIE THAT THE PROBLEM IS FROM INSTGRAM.
A XIAOMI OF 150 $ DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM.

we take 6 months without being able to use instagram well.

huawei make your job and solve
this shame of issue .

i am unable to understand how we take 6 months, hundreds of users reporting the problem .... and do nothing
Userlevel 4
6 months with instgram video quality like a shoe
Userlevel 2
You're right. Right now I wouldn't buy an other Huawei smartphone because of this issue and i'm waiting for the next iPhone. I just wrote that solution i've found myself hoping it could help other users in my situation for now. Cheers

Thanks. But your solution doesn't work for me
Userlevel 4
me too.. the way doesn't work for me.

I would like my $ 900 phone to work better than a Xiaomi of 150$
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I like comments from member who try to help others. This issue is raised with the support team but if you need help now, please contact the support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Userlevel 4
Thanks @Amy , but I have already called them and they have not given me any solution.

After losing more than 2 hours on the phone with them.

I am also trying to help others, trying to wake up Huawei, and take care of their mistakes and fix them Of course.

The phone is great, but not being able to use the videos on instagram, with 6 months of notifications from the users .... it is to inesplicate how they can do nothing.
Userlevel 4
33806 views on this post ...

huawei answer?? silence ,nothing........

it is funny that huawei have a publicity campaign right now on television, radio, etc everything to try to wash his face after androidgate

IT WAS BETTER THAN SOLVING THE EXISTING PROBLEMS instead of spending the money on publicity on the radio and TV ... but well huawei have been paying influencers and reviews for years ... what else does a little more
I have also tried wiping cache restarting my phone etc. So far nothing. Same issue exists on every social media. And i use 3 phones to upload and monitor social media traffic.

I still question the move from iPhone to Huawei. Everything worked out of the box for the apple device

Best part is at the Huawei centre they asked me to take it back to the store and format a 4-day old device. Unbelievable
Userlevel 4
I've already gone back to Iphone

as you'll see, I've been trying for more than 4 months trying to listen to me, I think I've already talked to the one who makes coffee in central Huawei.

THEY DO NOT HAVE SOLUTION. they are not able to solve the problem, call more than 15 times to the hotline .... nothing always of same, clean cache ... very usefull

I sold my p20 pro for $ 350, bad business.

but it is a shame never more Huawei.

It is a shame that the main applications of mobile, the most used in the world in Huawei have the stability of a potato.

they are not responsible
they do not take care of their clients
they do nothing, just pay reviews and false

good luck huawei users.
@Pepephone i've noticed that if you log in to instagram via a web browser the stories & videos actually work!

Great job once again Huawei! 2019 and we have cropped, chopped and grainy videos on our expensive phones.

NO issues whatsoever via my other work phones i.e. Xiaomi, Oneplusone, iphone 6s
Userlevel 4
@geobila

yes ... I from my iphone and my samsung no problems.

Huawei, laged viedeo, poor quality, and poor colors
@Max please solved this...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

Thank you for all your information and messages from the inbox, I will inform further our developers department for a proper review of this issue. The moment there is a clear solution or troubleshooting i will update the topic with it.
Meanwhile if you prefer and the issue still persist, I will recommend you to contact us on our hotline at 08000886700 and have a better check with our technical support team.

Have a great day! 🙂

Best wishes,
Charlie T. 💡😉