Answered

Instagram video's out of sync

Show first post

196 replies

Userlevel 4
Hello I've bought this phone the last week for its camera but I'm an instagrammer so today I discovered while recording stories that they are out of sync... And that instagram doesn't upload all videos but some of them no... It say impossible to upload! I'm very disappointed! I thought that downloading the last version of Instagram it works but it doesn't work at all 😭😭😭 I'm very sad. I think I will return it back. Is impossible for me to have a phone where instagram doesn't work...
Anybody fixed it?

Hi friend!
What I can advise is that you return it quickly and buy another brand.

I have the P20 PRO, and I have been with this problem for 5 months. Me and everyone, you can see the forum.

The worst thing is that we have been talking to Huawei for months, and they are not able to solve it ... sad but true

The hardware more or less well.
The software of Huawei: A GREAT TRASH.

Return it and buy another one. You are on time. Good luck friend
hi there,

i have just purchased the p30 pro and my EMUI update is at 9.1 however i am still experiencing a tremendous amount of lag when sending videos through whatsapp!!!
Userlevel 4
Hi all, I found a solution, the problem is that Instagram doesn't like the Huawei high quality camera. In settings go to settings and change resolution to 720p it should fix the lag, the quality is no where as good, but if it stops the lag I will take it.

If you stop to read the thread, that has already been commented, and it is not what we are discussing ... If you serve 720p quality in a 900 € phone good luck my friend but thanks
Userlevel 4
I do not speak English, sorry, I did not want to be rude. The important thing is that Huawei does something ... Thanks for the solution. @Mummashine
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Deepak,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:

1.Make sure that your Instagram application cache and data are cleared. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Force Stop > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart Device.
2.Check if the application is up to date. You can check by going to the PlayStore and typing "Instagram" which will display "Install Update" if an update is available.
3.Re-install the Instagram application.

Additionally, perform a wipe cache partition of your device from the Recovery Menu: Turn the device off completely > Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time > Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀
Max
Userlevel 4

I am from Germany, using Mate 9 and having the same problems. :(

Videos at Instagram have a really bad quality and the voice is not synchronous.

It's really annoying. I thought about buying a new Huawei phone (mate20) but if the problem is not solved I won't do it.
another customer with the same problem ... come, encourage Huawei clients, soon we are all in this topic

@mariooo

compadre sabes algo?
know something?
Userlevel 4
They have erased the new thread !!!!

For that they are fast!

To fix a problem we have been waiting 6 months....NOTHING

To clear the complaints of your work trash, it takes a few hours.

The same as to pay false reviews! sponsored!

Scam shame of company.

HUAWEI TAKES RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR USERS !!

Can I first of all say that a China phone will always be a China phone. Using a P30 lite

1. I cant send certain photos on whatsapp. it gives me an error message saying - The file you picked was not a photo.
  2. The worse problem - Instagram, I upload good quality pictures that turn out to look like shit,  extremely pixelated and desaturated colours. I regret buying this phone. My gut told me not to trust this cheap brand. I’m so disapointed that I had to switch back to my Samsung J1 mini before I could use whatsapp and instagram properly. You guys are a disgrace.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

If you tried the troubleshoots in this thread and are still having issues with Instagram or other third party apps please share your Serial Number, Build Number and Software app version with @Max in a PM with the #instagram. He will forward those cases to the development team.

To send a private message, simply click on Max's name and select "Send message".
Hi@greatoneiw, I'm not sure why your topic was not showing, if we delete a post, we always advise posters. Having said that, to avoid the duplication I've now removed the other post.

As you mentioned the topic is marked with a 'best answer' though this is not a full solution and is now a little dated. Since then it seems some folks have seen improvements with the latest updates. So please check your device is running the latest update. If you're still having issues and want to get in touch with support, the hotline for Canada is:

• Hotline: 1-888-5HUAWEI(1-888-548-2934)
  • Support Language: English and French
  • Support Time: Mon-Sun 7am-9pm
  • Remarks: Hotline physically located in US (Knoah)

Can I first of all say that a China phone will always be a China phone. Using a P30 lite

1. I cant send certain photos on whatsapp. it gives me an error message saying - The file you picked was not a photo.
  2. The worse problem - Instagram, I upload good quality pictures that turn out to look like shit,  extremely pixelated and desaturated colours. I regret buying this phone. My gut told me not to trust this cheap brand. I’m so disapointed that I had to switch back to my Samsung J1 mini before I could use whatsapp and instagram properly. You guys are a disgrace.

Userlevel 4
@derubare @Max response will be to clear cache. we'll have to wait for Android version 9.1. let's hope he fixes this problem. you can not do downgrade 8.1
Userlevel 4
Hi guys!

I also have the same problem as you, but yesterday I found a way to soften the problem while Huawei does not solve the issue in the end and I came to share with you.

On the camera phone, in any of the video modes, go to settings> resolution> format and select H.265.

Make the videos using the phone camera and not the Instagram camera. After recording the video, go to the gallery, select the video you want to post and share it in Story. The IG will split the video (if it has more than 15 seconds) and will upload normally, with all of them sync.

Esta solução é apenas para vídeos feitos no próprio telefone (com a câmera nativa, não usando a câmera IG) e no formato H.265. Eu sei que não é a solução que queremos, mas é um caminho que funciona.

That dont work! .... It seems Another employee of Huawei making false solutions(fake news everywhere )- stop tricking your customers and do the work, Huawei, 4 months with that problem ... Do you need programmers?
@Pepephone you cannott downgrade to 8.1? Even with complete reset of my phone to the fabric settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Yes, I erased the new thread to avoid double topics. The community is a place where you can ask questions, share ideas and get guidance from fellow community members. Please keep it respectful (don't use swear words).

We are trying to help you but it seems that there is no solution for this issue at the moment. It's raised with the support team but if you need help now, please contact the support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

I'm sorry I can't fix this right now. Wish I could.. 🙂
Userlevel 4
33806 views on this post ...

huawei answer?? silence ,nothing........

it is funny that huawei have a publicity campaign right now on television, radio, etc everything to try to wash his face after androidgate

IT WAS BETTER THAN SOLVING THE EXISTING PROBLEMS instead of spending the money on publicity on the radio and TV ... but well huawei have been paying influencers and reviews for years ... what else does a little more
I have the same problem when posting instagram stories and videos. The second story is always out of sync. Please fix this. It's annoying as hell.
Userlevel 4
@Pepephone you cannott downgrade to 8.1? Even with complete reset of my phone to the fabric settings?

no, there is no way to do it, not in an OEM way either in a bootloader. huawei blocks the bootloader.

only wait or buy other device
Userlevel 4

Hi guys!

I also have the same problem as you, but yesterday I found a way to soften the problem while Huawei does not solve the issue in the end and I came to share with you.

On the camera phone, in any of the video modes, go to settings> resolution> format and select H.265.

Make the videos using the phone camera and not the Instagram camera. After recording the video, go to the gallery, select the video you want to post and share it in Story. The IG will split the video (if it has more than 15 seconds) and will upload normally, with all of them sync.

Esta solução é apenas para vídeos feitos no próprio telefone (com a câmera nativa, não usando a câmera IG) e no formato H.265. Eu sei que não é a solução que queremos, mas é um caminho que funciona.
That dont work! .... It seems Another employee of Huawei making false solutions(fake news everywhere )- stop tricking your customers and do the work, Huawei, 4 months with that problem ... Do you need programmers?
No, I'm not an employee of this fucking company. What's more, in my country there is no official sale of Huawei products, that is, I pay even more because I have to import the products. I'm just another frustrated Huawei customer who owns a Mate 20 Pro and works with Digital Marketing. I found this temporary solution and came to share with people that I know are going through the same problem as me. Now, if my tip does not please you, it's your problem. But be at least educated in not disqualifying my intention to help others who can make use of my suggestion. My tip is not fake. Just see the Storys I posted today in the artist's iG for whom I work (@sorrisomaroto)

I'm glad you're not your employee,It was an ironic comment. no offense.Sorry

but your solution to change the codec does not work.
I have a P20 Pro and having this problem with my stories. The first uploads fine but the 2nd won't upload and the others are out of a sync. I've cleared cache, reinstalled the app.

Im a blogger who needs to use stories. What do I do?

I have tried everything. Literally everything. I have set up my phone twice entirely new - I have almost nothing on the storage on the phone, so that the system has enough free space to work properly.

Let's be real here. This is ridicolous. These are high end phones and their prices are high end as well. I did test on an Samsung J5 - uploading on my P30, my P20 Lite and on the Samsung J5 ( and trust me, I don't like Samsung at all).

Both Huawei devices didn't upload parts of the videos or they were out of sync.
The Samsung is 4 years old and uploaded just fine. Everything is in sync... this can only be a joke ?

I just don't get why they can't fix it. I read somewhere that it may be the Kirin chip.... well then it is something they won't be able to fix.... I'm at a loss - and I did already return the P30 today. I know Huawei couldn't care less cos this won't harm them much, but in time this will be something people will speak about in the media. And since Instagram is an app that is so much used, this will have an effect sooner or later on their sales. I just don't have time to wait until then.
Besides all that, I hate to have to turn to a different brand now, because otherwise I love my P20.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Sakramento, Welcome on the Huawei Community! 🙂

Have you sent your details to Max? If you PM him your serial number, build number and the software app version with #instagram he will forward it to the developers.
well done.

THE ERROR IS SOLVED.

AFTER 6 MONTHS OF CALLS, EMAILS, AND FORUM ....

THEY HAVE SOLVED IT WITH THE UPDATE TO 9.1

VERY WELL. CONGRATULATIONS

EVERYTHING RETURNS TO WORK AS SHOULD ON A DEVICE OF $ 900

THANK YOU HUAWEY

It's full on working on ur device?