Answered

Instagram video's out of sync

Hi there,

Happy New Year all.

I have a Huawei P20 Pro and when I record instagram video stories they are completely out of sync. It's really annoying since I am trying to capture memories.

I would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance,

Deepak
icon

Best answer by CharlieT 12 July 2019, 21:27

Hi all,

Thank you for all your information and messages from the inbox, I will inform further our developers department for a proper review of this issue. The moment there is a clear solution or troubleshooting i will update the topic with it.
Meanwhile if you prefer and the issue still persist, I will recommend you to contact us on our hotline at 08000886700 and have a better check with our technical support team.

Have a great day! 🙂

Best wishes,
Charlie T. 💡😉
View original

196 replies

Userlevel 2
Whats happening to fix this it's been 9 days and I'm without a reply
Userlevel 2
I've PMed Max. I really hope this gets dealt with. I mean it's a very good phone but I won't be recommending it until Huawei shows that it cares about after sales care.
Userlevel 2
I posted 10 days ago with no specific reply. I've also emailed androidauthority.com and androidpolice.com so hopefully they'll publish something and bring some more awareness to the issue. I wood ask that users also go the those sites and contract them to the issue. Make Huawei accountable so that we're not ignored!
Same ridiculous problem!!! Why doesn't anyone fix that??? Got my mate 20 pro since last Friday, after having been for ten years an iPhone owner, and I'm already thinking to go back to iPhone!!!! It never gave me problems like that.
Userlevel 1
I have a mate 10 pro and tried all the possible fixes with no solution to this stupid problem which I believe is hardware related. Instgram is a highly used app and I will never buy hewawei again just for the fact it's been months without a fix.

The problem is all my insta stories are delayed slow choppy and out of sync videos whatever option in video recording is used.

Totally agree. My phone is essentially useless to me. My business is marketed through Instagram stories and it's impossible to do it on this phone.

The lack of any feedback or help has left me with a very sour taste and I will never buy Hauwei again because of it.
This is the most annoying phone issue ive ever had! Constantly updating instagram hoping for improvements, constantly doing OTA updates from huawei and nothing ever gets better.

I was going to upgrade to the P30 but definitely not after this shambles of a response from huawei.

Would prefer it if they came out and said "sorry guys, we cant fix it" instead of saying nothing at all

Instagram stories are simply unuseable for me, i might as well delete the app.
Userlevel 1
Whats happening to fix this it's been 9 days and I'm without a reply
Its shocking!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Hello, I'm facing the same problem and it's not just on Instagram, it's also on Snapchat. This makes it very hard for me to my job as a blogger. It's frustrating and all the mentioned solutions above did not work.
This is extremely disappointing especially for a person who switches from iPhone for the first time ever.
Please find a solution.

This is definitely some bug between EMUI codec and the one used in Instagram and Snapchat. I have reported this in every possible way and no reaction yet. Some tech media should lay into them and demand comment.
Userlevel 4
Same problem here with P20 Pro.
In Instagram Stories the video preview freezes every second when I try to upload videos with 1080p or higher. Videos with 720p or less are okay.

Sorry for my bad English

I do not spend 900 dollars on a device to upload videos at 720p ... for that I buy a cellphone for 200 dollars.

tic tac tic tac....

No solution, 4 months, SHAME.
Userlevel 2
Hello! this is a shame, all users of P20 PRO and other models, report the same error, VIDEO totally useless. You can not process the videos you record.

The bot that you have, does not stop giving standard answers to a problem that many users have and it is not solved.

SHAME COMPANY

GOOD LUCK WITH THE P30 PRO, BUYERS
code:
Hello everyone.
The problem, if I understand correctly, is the incompatibility of the Kirin 980 processor with the instagram application.
HUWAI managers must directly contact the INSTAGRAM management to upload an update of their application to make it compatible.
We are many to have chosen HUAWEI and the mate 20 pro to leave APPLE or others.
You start to make us regret our choice and personally I really think to return to Iphone if the problem is not resolved!
This is really not representative of a quality service ..

Act fast!
Userlevel 2
@Max @Amy @Huawei @Danjl News?
Userlevel 2
I have already written to Russian techno-bloggers to tell everyone about this problem.
Userlevel 2
Huawei - never again.
Hi

Hi guys!

I brought news .. Last Friday Huawei officially entered my country (Brazil) marketing the P30 Pro. They made a launch campaign giving a big discount to buy the product on the day of launch. Even though I knew that the p30 was coming with EMUI 9.1, I was afraid to buy it, because I had already read in the Forum that other users were still having the problem with Instagram videos. The Huawei representative assured me that the problem had been solved. I decided to buy. As soon as I called, I went to get updates. And there were two large (1.2Gb) upgrades available. One of them spoke clearly about audio improvements that solved syntactic problems with Instagram videos. I made the update of, thank God, the problem was solved. In addition, it greatly improved the quality of the videos on Instagram after this update. However, in my Mate 20 (I have not yet got rid of it), the problem continues and with no sign of updating for this saving version. I really do not understand why Huawei does not immediately release this version for everyone, since it has already found the solution to the problem. It's a shame!
Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you all have this issue.
If you could pm us with the serial number, the build number and the software app version, with the #instagram and I could forward those cases further in order to be properly reviewed by our developer team.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new menu that appears, select "Send message".
Looking forward to your reply! :)

Max

same trouble I ´ve send PM.... clearing cache doesn´t help
Same issue here I had to go back to my iPhone to post on Instagram.
I have a mate 10 pro and tried all the possible fixes with no solution to this stupid problem which I believe is hardware related. Instgram is a highly used app and I will never buy hewawei again just for the fact it's been months without a fix.

The problem is all my insta stories are delayed slow choppy and out of sync videos whatever option in video recording is used.
Userlevel 4
me too.. the way doesn't work for me.

I would like my $ 900 phone to work better than a Xiaomi of 150$
Hi guys,
same issue here. Just tag @HuaweiMobile @Huawei on TT asking for the solution to get more attention. This is really a shame on this 900$ smartphone and Huawei Support...
Userlevel 2
It is clear that the problem is the phone, Android devices from other brands, do not have that problem.

Worst of all is the dreadful customer service.

months and months without giving a solution
Zero solutions.

Shame = huawei

I hope no one buys the P30 PRO
Same here, having a Huawei Mate 10 Lite, and having the same issue since months!

Since second story (and next ones) the video and audio are not syncronized! Hope Huawei is going to fix it too for Mate 10 series... and also CCleaner Pro is not working (crashes when is starting all last versions) 😅
Userlevel 1
I have a Mate 20 Pro and my Instagram stories go out of sync. I have tried resetting and installing and cache etc no changes. Big issue for me as a blogger. Please can we fix this?
Thats really bad service.. thank you for your help . I'll keep you posted. ☺️
Userlevel 4
Hello! Well, it's been almost 5 months. WITHOUT SOLUTION.

Does anyone know something?
This will be fixed?

or change to Samsung, Xiaomi or Apple ???

@Max @Amy @Danjl