New Huawei Health bug since update

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi all, I've just updated my Huawei Health app and noticed a new bug. On the main screen it says I've done 33 minutes of activity today, when I've not actually got out of bed yet.

I've tried force closing and reopening the app but it doesn't change anything.

Please look in to this.

58 replies

Userlevel 1
I found the same problem! If you tap on the big circle, the chart shows correct number at the top, wrong at the bottom. Very disappointing!

Userlevel 4
Badge
I have since tried looking at steps, distance and calories on the graphs and none of them load on the day view.

Userlevel 1
As far as I can see, someone totally screwed up the Health app code. Surprising no one has even tested this latest release before it was posted in the Store?
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Amy @Max could you shed some light on what's going on with the health app please? 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @carguy143 ,

I've flagged this for the support team to look at. Fingers crossed it'll be resolved soon.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @carguy143 ,

I've flagged this for the support team to look at. Fingers crossed it'll be resolved soon.

Thanks @Danjl

Apart from the odd bug I love the devices. I also love to find bugs so if you ever need anything testing, please feel free to give me a message.

Thanks again,

Rik.
I'm having the same issue since most recent health app update with daily step, distance and calorie counts not loading.

Also, the app is not synchronising with my band 2 correctly, or not merging daily fitness data between phone and band. Exercise from today (indoor run, using my band 2) is showing in the health app correctly, but daily step / distance total is from steps recorded by my phone only.

Hi, i have the same problems. I use Huawei Watch GT. All this srarted after last update.

MK
Userlevel 4
Badge
Phone only update:
It's just gone midnight here and it seems that the update affected all daily data on the day of and on previous days leading up to the update. So far today, albeit only ten mins in, the app seems to show my step count and calories again.

Still, it would be nice to look back at previous days again.

Since the update, Watch 2 steps still aren't syncing with the phone so it's still broken.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Another bug:

Sleep score doesn't show on the Health home screen but yet it still syncs and can be viewed by clicking on the sleep score tile.

Still no step sync with my watch.
I have the same problems after new update.
Userlevel 1
As far as I can tell, the daily total never gets reset ever since the update! Now it's so embarrassing that friends think I'm cheating the steps 😳
Userlevel 4
Badge
For the record I have also tried clearing the cache, temp files, force stopping, rebooting phone and Watch 2. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the health app and it made no difference.

I have since found an older version of the app online and gone back to that as it works. If you want to do this, you do so at your own risk. Search online for Huawei health APK.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I hope we get some news on this soon as one of the main reasons I bought a Huawei Smart Scale, Watch 2 and my Mate 20 Pro was to ensure I had cutting edge devices with the functionality I required most with regards to keeping a close eye on my health.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
hi, @carguy143
1. Please confirm your watch/band has successfully connected to Health App
2. Please try to sync data manually by draging down the home screen for multiple times.
3. If the data still unable to get synced, temporarily please take the data on your band/watch as reference, and keep your Health App up to date, our R&D team is focusing on this issue. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Userlevel 4
Badge
hi, @carguy143
1. Please confirm your watch/band has successfully connected to Health App
2. Please try to sync data manually by draging down the home screen for multiple times.
3. If the data still unable to get synced, temporarily please take the data on your band/watch as reference, and keep your Health App up to date, our R&D team is focusing on this issue. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks for coming back to me. I have tried as you suggested and the data still doesn't sync up despite the watch showing as being connected to the Health app. The play store shows the latest version of the app as being .393 which is the one that caused this issue. I hope there's a newer update soon.
Hi all, I've just updated my Huawei Health app and noticed a new bug. On the main screen it says I've done 33 minutes of activity today, when I've not actually got out of bed yet.

Please look in to this.

I have the same problem whit my huawie watch 2 hope they will fix it soon
Userlevel 4
Badge

Please look in to this.
I have the same problem whit my huawie watch 2 hope they will fix it soon

Try as suggested in my previous post if you want to restore functionality for now.
The step count on my watch is way out from the one in the front page of the health app. Phone and watch are syncing accurately when you tap the watch icon. Go back to the Health main page, steps are out, sleep data not displayed on the tile, when you try and load daily step data, the app doesn't manage. Something has gone wrong with the 5th May update!
I have the same issue with may update. Can we get a fix for this
I
For the record I have also tried clearing the cache, temp files, force stopping, rebooting phone and Watch 2. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the health app and it made no difference.

I have since found an older version of the app online and gone back to that as it works. If you want to do this, you do so at your own risk. Search online for Huawei health APK.

Just took your advice and downloaded an older version and the app now works. Thanks for the tip, I was getting so frstrated 😉
In a way I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've tried everything yesterday: restarting my band 3 pro, restarting the app, refreshing the app multiple times. Disconnecting and reconnecting the band multiple times. Removing and reinstalling the health app and a factory reset of the band 3 pro. Nothing worked. The same problems occur as mentioned above. Very frustrating.

I think I've lost all yesterday's step count data (a shame, i had beaten my previous step record)

Hope this will get fixed very soon
Hi all,
While Huawei are thinking what to do with all this... I just install previous version apk. Everything works ok!
Userlevel 1
Pity that it has been almost a week. There is still no update yet.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,
While Huawei are thinking what to do with all this... I just install previous version apk. Everything works ok!

Hi what version were you installing? A download link would be nice too. Thanks!