Answered

WhatsApp notification tone on Watch GT

• 10 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Crouching Tiger
  • 24 replies
After pairing my Huawei GT watch to my P20 pro i get the notification on the watch but the tone doesn't sound on the phone. Unlike sms & email which does both.
Also messenger has the same issue.
Is it possible to get both to work?
icon

Best answer by Max 14 May 2019, 13:30

Hey @JCM, welcome!

We're sorry about the inconvenience.

To attempt fixing this we'd strongly suggest wiping the cache partition.

You can find the steps, please let us know if this helped.

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @JCM, welcome!

We're sorry about the inconvenience.

To attempt fixing this we'd strongly suggest wiping the cache partition.

You can find the steps, please let us know if this helped.

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Max everything fine now 👌