Advice please?

Hi all. I currently own a Huawei P9 Model: EVA-L09. It is one of the best phones I have ever owned surpassing Nokia, Samsung etc... I have never had a phone pass the contract expiration before all others broke in some way requiring a new contract, new phone. So all credi to Huawei. My P9 was part of a two year contract deal which expired a few months back, I now use it with a Sim only deal.

I now find upon 100% battery in the morning I am having to charge sometimes twice per day after which I would deem light use. Rather than have the battery replaced (probably the cheapest option) I am considering an upgrade.

Can the community give me their opinions on the latest Huawei flagship models eg Mate Pro ... Mate 20 Pro etc...

I'm guessing the technology has advanced considerably since my P9 was released.

All feedback gratefully welcomed. Many thanks in advance.

BilboB

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
BilboB wrote:

Hi all. I currently own a Huawei P9 Model: EVA-L09. It is one of the best phones I have ever owned surpassing Nokia, Samsung etc... I have never had a phone pass the contract expiration before all others broke in some way requiring a new contract, new phone. So all credi to Huawei. My P9 was part of a two year contract deal which expired a few months back, I now use it with a Sim only deal.

I now find upon 100% battery in the morning I am having to charge sometimes twice per day after which I would deem light use. Rather than have the battery replaced (probably the cheapest option) I am considering an upgrade.

Can the community give me their opinions on the latest Huawei flagship models eg Mate Pro ... Mate 20 Pro etc...

I'm guessing the technology has advanced considerably since my P9 was released.

All feedback gratefully welcomed. Many thanks in advance.

BilboB

Depending on your Budget/Contract you can get @BilboB - two options for you:-

1) Go for MateP20Pro - brilliant phone all round
or (better option)
2) Wait a couple of months for the new P30Pro to come out

Personally, I'd wait for the new P30 range of phones to come out.

Hope this helps you....
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Both brilliant phones,I think for me it would come down to price and if you feel you really need the extra features that the mate 20 pro brings to the table, wide angle camera, faster processor, and higher resolution screen. The camera on the p20 is still awesome and the processor is more than fast enough to last for years to come.
You can't go wrong either way.

Regards Jase
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Or wait for P30 as @IanMCalvert quite rightly points out.
Well folks thank you so much for the great comments. I suppose it's common (and it's something I usually do when sourcing a new product) to get the best available. The general opinion seems to be any of the models you mentioned would be more than suitable for my needs. Thank you all again, I'm liking this group. Cheers. BilboB
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
BilboB wrote:

Well folks thank you so much for the great comments. I suppose it's common (and it's something I usually do when sourcing a new product) to get the best available. The general opinion seems to be any of the models you mentioned would be more than suitable for my needs. Thank you all again, I'm liking this group. Cheers. BilboB

Your welcome @BilboB , yeah I've found the community very helpful.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings