Answered

Is this email from Huawei genuine?

• 21 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Here is the email below for obvious reason mine is blocked out. This doesn't seem legit and if it's not be careful. And if it is legit why are you giving my email out Huawei! I have not concented to this

---------- ---------
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019, 11:17
Subject: Huawei UK meet-up
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Hi there,

I work on the Huawei UK social team and have been given your email by Amy Pieplenbosch, Huawei Community Manager. We’d love to invite you to our intimate Huawei photography meet-up held at [removed by community manager]. We’ll provide refreshments and together we can learn more about Huawei photography and some exciting activations to come. You can get some great low-light shots and meet other Huawei enthusiasts.

Some useful info:

Dress code: Smart casual

Time: [removed by community manager]

Pease let us know if you can attend at your earliest convenience and let us know your full name so that we can add you to our guestlist.

Let me know if any questions.

Thanks,

Becky
icon

Best answer by Danjl 21 June 2019, 15:52

Hi @DelBoyJamie I can confirm the email is genuine (i've amended the email to tidy things up and remove person information). This relates to customer / community events that Huawei are working on. Apologies if this seemed non-legit, I'll feed that back to the team. Huawei do contact community members from time to time, as stated in the privacy statement. However, I am guessing from your response you're not interested in this. Sorry to see you leave. Have a great weekend.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
FYI with all the issues with my mate 20 pro and the poor updates and software. And now all the concerns about updates and the bans world wide going to make things difficult. And the fact the phone was worth £500 one day then £less than £50 the next. Sorry but the lack of communication from the devs about what we would like to see updated and lack of fixes with serious issues on the phone. I'm no longer a part of this community nor do I own the phone anymore. I sold my Huawei mate 20 pro a d the huawei watch 2 4G I had and I now own a Oneplus 7 Pro and I couldn't be happier.
The communication between the devs working on updates. Communicating on what updates they are working on and asking us customers what we would like to see and them actually working on it. Its great and how it should be and I couldn't be happier. Sorry but I will never trust huawei again
Goodbye
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @DelBoyJamie I can confirm the email is genuine (i've amended the email to tidy things up and remove person information). This relates to customer / community events that Huawei are working on. Apologies if this seemed non-legit, I'll feed that back to the team. Huawei do contact community members from time to time, as stated in the privacy statement. However, I am guessing from your response you're not interested in this. Sorry to see you leave. Have a great weekend.
Userlevel 3
Appreciate the reply.