Answered

P20 connection to google home

• 21 August 2019
  • 4 replies

i have a P20 recently upgraded to EMUI 9.1
Since then I cannot get the phone to connect to google home through Spotify
So I play music on Spotify and there is a option at the bottom of spotify screen saying Devices available
I opt for Google home speakers
And it just says connecting

Ive tried a different devicce -- A Huawei tablet - and connects perfectly

This iss only since the EMUI 9.1 update

Have raised with spotify - they asked me to rremove the app and reinstall - whch i did - worked for a day - and then stopped again

Any thoughts ?
icon

Best answer by Danjl 22 August 2019, 21:19

@nigelcook ok, thanks for letting me know. It's flagged for the support team incase they can help. You can also contact them directly.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@nigelcook have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone and google home? This might help.
Yes have unpaired / repaired the phone. When I type into google assistant Play music from my playlist in speakers - it works. It just doesnt work from within the spotify application when its got additional devices available.

Which it did 2 weeks ago pre EMU9,1
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@nigelcook ok, thanks for letting me know. It's flagged for the support team incase they can help. You can also contact them directly.
Userlevel 1
@nigelcook i had the same exact problem i fixed it by rooting the phone and customizing the voice input while in spotify app really easy.

step 1 buy a really expensive unlock code from a shady third party website because huawei stopped their unlock support and apearently the shady websites still generate codes luckely because huawei claims they can not generate them anymore arent we lucky..
the only thing u have to do is sacrifice your first born child and give them ur imei code wich is totally safe... (sarcasm) then u need to learn some simple scripting and voila u can now fix any problem that would occur.