Answered

Problems pairing P20 Pro to Parrot Bluetooth due to incorrect password

• 9 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a P20 Pro and a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth car kit.

When pairing the P20 for the first time I entered the pin incorrectly and pairing failed.

Every time I try and pair it again the P20 immediately responds that the pin is incorrect, pairing fails and there is no option to enter a different pin.

I've tried clearing cache in Settings - Apps - Apps - Show System processes - Bluetooth - Storage and then clicking Clear Data and Clear Cache.

However it's still picking up the parrot and failing because of an incorrect pin.

Can anybody suggest anything else to try? For example if there a way to completely reset Bluetooth and get it to forget everything?
icon

Best answer by chorleyboy 9 August 2019, 14:49

Many thanks for the reply. After my post I did have a go at resetting the network settings too. And then I booted it into recovery mode and did something similar.

The good news is that the issue has now been resolved. We don't actually think it was anything to do with the phone now. Once we cleared down some of the old devices off the parrot and reconnected it worked ok. Apparently the parrot has a 5 phone limit which we weren't aware of. It would seem this was causing the strange behaviour on the phone!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@chorleyboy have you tried clearing the network cache? This should clear the connection to the parrot and allow you to start again. .This can be done by going to Settings > Type Network Settings Reset in the search bar > Tap on it > Restart your device after the process finishes.

Hope this helps.
Many thanks for the reply. After my post I did have a go at resetting the network settings too. And then I booted it into recovery mode and did something similar.

The good news is that the issue has now been resolved. We don't actually think it was anything to do with the phone now. Once we cleared down some of the old devices off the parrot and reconnected it worked ok. Apparently the parrot has a 5 phone limit which we weren't aware of. It would seem this was causing the strange behaviour on the phone!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@chorleyboy - Glad you got it resolved. 😀