Answered

Put Sim Ejector Tool into Lower Microphone

• 24 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I know, rookie mistake; something I have often teased people about.

So yeah, I had a dumb moment and stuck the ejector tool into the lower microphone port with a little force, however, I have tested the quality of the microphone via a voice record and it appears to be OK.

Can anyone clarify if any permanent damage has occurred? I do believe that the microphone is off at an angle and it doesn't matter how hard to the tool was pushed to the rear.
icon

Best answer by Rancher 26 September 2019, 15:22

@Danjl, thanks for the response.
I have used the device for a few days without any issues, so I am assuming everything is OK.
Looking at the design from a tear-down video, the microphone is actually offset, therefore I haven't done any damage. It would probably be wise on a design front, to put the microphone on the opposite side of the charging port in the future, just in case others prod the wrong hole by mistake. ☺
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Rancher - oh no. Glad to hear it sounds like it's ok. I suspect the only way to check for damage would be to have the device inspected by an engineer. If that's what you want to do, you can contact the support team.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/
Userlevel 1
Badge
@Danjl, thanks for the response.
I have used the device for a few days without any issues, so I am assuming everything is OK.
Looking at the design from a tear-down video, the microphone is actually offset, therefore I haven't done any damage. It would probably be wise on a design front, to put the microphone on the opposite side of the charging port in the future, just in case others prod the wrong hole by mistake. ☺
Userlevel 1
Badge
I can now confirm with certainty, that if anyone else inserts the sim ejector tool into the microphone port, it will not cause any damaged as the speaker is offset.

If this is a design by Huawei good idea...we'll all make silly mistakes. 😏