How to share moments-photos


Userlevel 4
Is there any easy way to export and share moments-photos (this live-photos like mini videos on ios) that can be taken with the camera?

I would like to share them but cant find a way how this would work.

39 replies

Userlevel 4
Is anybody from Huawei able to help here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Xfirf,

Sorry for the late reply!

After you take a live photo, or as we call it, a moving picture, it will be saved to gallery in JPG format. You can share them directly through Wi-FI, Bluetooth, Huawei Share and more. The receiving device must be a Huawei device that supports the capture of moving pictures in order to play the moving photo effect. When you share moving pictures to third-party apps or unsupported devices, the moving pictures will be displayed as a static image.

Let me know if this was helpful! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Amy is correct, however there are several third-party apps which allow you to export your moving photos as an animated gif which can then be shared on other platforms. Try Motion Stills and see if that does what you want 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks Tony, I didn't know that! 🤓
Userlevel 4
Thanks for your feedback.

But this app does not what I was asking for and unfortenatly I haven´t found a suitable app. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Its a bit long-winded, but one way to achieve what you want would be to use a double knuckle tap to start screen recording (if your device supports it), then play the photo, stop the recording and crop it to the required size and then use a video-to-gif converter to create an animated gif of your moving photo.

I haven't tried this - and there's a fair bit of work involved - but it should work.
I need to backup them including the sound. What are my options?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi gergi,

For your backup needs there are actually several options depending on the model of the device you have. regardless of model within any huawei phone you will find the backup options within Settings> Backup & Reset > Data Backup
Also please check this post from Amy for more information https://uk.community.huawei.com/other-smartphones-8/how-to-make-a-back-up-180 .

Hope you found this helpful and if you need any further assistance please feel free to ask.

Best wishes,
Max
Hello,

I just got a P20 Pro and like the Moving Pictures option, however, the 'moving' part doesn't seem to sync to Google photos where I currently have all my photos sync'd to.

Is it possible to get the moving pictures to sync? I know Google has a similar function on the pixel.

Thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Stevedick2010,

I moved your question to this topic. Please read the replies above and let us know if you have any questions! 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hi,

I still have not found any usable way to export them for other usage than on my HUAWEI phone. And this sucks. :-(
On my iPhone i could easily export them as GIF or AVI file for sharing.
Why don’t you just add an feature like this too?

ps
From my point of view this topic is not solved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Xfirf,

I marked it as solved because for now, this is the only way to do this. Others reading this thread will see this answer at the top of the topic, and they won't have to read the full thread to see Tony's reply. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Amy wrote:

Hi Xfirf,

I marked it as solved because for now, this is the only way to do this. Others reading this thread will see this answer at the top of the topic, and they won't have to read the full thread to see Tony's reply. :)



Hi Amy,

but the solutions are not working or are not appliable so you give the users the ilusion of having a fix for their problem. And then they will be frustrated about this like I am.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Xfirf,

Thanks for the feedback! I just unmarked it and asked our support-team to assist you. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @xfirf,

As my colleague @Amy mentioned: "When you share moving pictures to third-party apps or unsupported devices, the moving pictures will be displayed as a static image."
Giving that our devices software is Android, you can freely search for a suitable third party application that can help you export the selected live-photos as a preferred file type.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hello,
I am standing right now in front of the same problem like Xfirf. I am now on my world trip with my phone full of photos and have to delete the most of the moment photos, cause they just useful when the moving. That's very very sad for all the beautiful moments on the trip.

Stephan
I have exactly the same issues and I come across this forum as I try searching for solutions. There are no effective 3-party apps in Google play that could address the problem.

The most frustrated thing here is hearing Huawei representatives trying to gloss over the issues in their replies and not giving any practical solution. If there is really nothing available this moment, just admit that the Huawei ecosystem is not ready for now and you will try to logged this as a future improvement to work on.

Wasted my 10 mins reading and replying to this....
@Huaweian i just bought Mate 20 X... and have taken a lots of Motion stills...

Above forum, what Huawei suggesting is for the future pictures to be taken via third party app.
with out using the Huawei default camera app...

but now the problem in hand is how to convert the photos taken already with Huawei default app.. ????
is the solution we are looking for. every third party app is not able to recognize or able to convert them as mp4 or gif etc...

most of the other brands has its own inbuilt converter of Motion stills to mp4 or GIF... Why not Huawei..
I have spent $$ for premium Flag ship Huawei phone... and I am not having this simple feature...
please do escalate this to your Devs...
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Have you used the HiSuite platform to save the motion pictures as gifs?

You can download the HiSuite platform from here.

Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device before connecting to a PC using the USB cable.

To enable it, on your phone, please go to Settings > All > About phone > and tap on Build number 7 times in rapid succession.
Then go back to Settings > All> Developer options > find USB debugging and make sure it is ticked.

Also, you need to activate HDB on your phone prior to using HiSuite and after you activate USB debugging. In order to do this, go to Settings > Advanced settings > Security > Allow HiSuite to use HDB.

After this, backup the motion pictures you have taken and select to save them as gifs.

This should allow you to freely share the pictures as gifs to be enjoyed by you and your friends!

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Tony wrote:

Amy is correct, however there are several third-party apps which allow you to export your moving photos as an animated gif which can then be shared on other platforms. Try Motion Stills and see if that does what you want 👍


No, it doesn't work. You cannot open pictures taken by Huawei camera app by Motion Stills. It works but on iPhone, not on Huawei.

Max wrote:

Hi all,

Have you used the HiSuite platform to save the motion pictures as gifs?

You can download the HiSuite platform from here.
Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device before connecting to a PC using the USB cable.

To enable it, on your phone, please go to Settings > All > About phone > and tap on Build number 7 times in rapid succession.
Then go back to Settings > All> Developer options > find USB debugging and make sure it is ticked.

Also, you need to activate HDB on your phone prior to using HiSuite and after you activate USB debugging. In order to do this, go to Settings > Advanced settings > Security > Allow HiSuite to use HDB.

After this, backup the motion pictures you have taken and select to save them as gifs.

This should allow you to freely share the pictures as gifs to be enjoyed by you and your friends!

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max



There is no such an option. You can export a picture but as default (JPG).
I use MacOS. Do Mac and Windows versions have the same features?

Is there any software for a laptop which can open motion pictures taken by Huawei?

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @ramm, welcome!

You might not have the same version of HiSuite on a MacOS device, but keep an eye on updates for it. On newer versions you should be able to save moving pictures on your computer/laptop.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @ramm,

The MacOS and Windows versions are different for the HiSuite application.

If you could use a Windows computer or laptop you should be able to see the option mentioned above.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi,

I hope this helps as I had similar issues as wanted to be able to use the motion stills or pull pictures from them.

I found this app quite useful. It's not perfect & you need to edit out what you don't want but hopefully it helps you guys out a bit till Huawei take on how we would like to see the motion picture updated.

x

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stupeflix.replay
Userlevel 1
Hi everyone.

None of the solutions above work.

Can people please stop posting untested answers?

And can people stop accepting these as solving the topic without testing themselves?

@Tony - Motion Stills does not work because it does not have any access to the files, nor is it possible to give the app access.

@Tony - Taking a screen video screen recording and then converting that to a GIF is not considered exporting. The result would be hardly a sample of the original. All quality in image, colour and frame rate would be lost.

@Amy - Please don't accept it as a solution if "this is the only way to do this". The topic should remain unsolved if there is no solution...

@Max - Repeating what Amy said after @xfirf has said that it does not help him, is in fact not of assistance. Stating that the device is running Android and third party apps are available is also not of assistance. You might as well say to Google their problem and find the solution elsewhere. @Carbon14 hit the nail on the head with his reply about "glossing over".

@Max - Giving scripted instructions for using the HiSuite application is also not helpful if you have not tested them yourself. I can say from experience that it does not work on a Windows machine running the latest version because I have tested it. There are several tabs within the application: Pictures, Videos and File Manager. They do not appear under the Videos tab. Under both of the other tabs, at no point does exporting give an option to select the format. It only offers choice of the directory that all selected items will be copied to. I do not know where you got the following line from

After this, backup the motion pictures you have taken and select to save them as gifs.


But this is quite simply false.

@ramm - Maxs instructions were in fact wrong, HiSuite does not let you export the moving picture part on windows and based on your response it does not exist for OSX either.

@K9Krazy The Quik app you linked is possibly the closest to a solution. But I would quite frankly consider it completely unusable as the app has mandatory effects. It does not the solve the question that I share with @xfirf.

I'm sorry if I have caused any offense. I do not mean to come across as hostile. But the responses in this thread are quite simply disappointing and I expect better.

Cheers,
Wheatley
Userlevel 4
Wheatley wrote:

Hi everyone.

None of the solutions above work.

Can people please stop posting untested answers?

And can people stop accepting these as solving the topic without testing themselves?

@Tony - Motion Stills does not work because it does not have any access to the files, nor is it possible to give the app access.

@Tony - Taking a screen video screen recording and then converting that to a GIF is not considered exporting. The result would be hardly a sample of the original. All quality in image, colour and frame rate would be lost.

@Amy - Please don't accept it as a solution if "this is the only way to do this". The topic should remain unsolved if there is no solution...

@Max - Repeating what Amy said after @xfirf has said that it does not help him, is in fact not of assistance. Stating that the device is running Android and third party apps are available is also not of assistance. You might as well say to Google their problem and find the solution elsewhere. @Carbon14 hit the nail on the head with his reply about "glossing over".

@Max - Giving scripted instructions for using the HiSuite application is also not helpful if you have not tested them yourself. I can say from experience that it does not work on a Windows machine running the latest version because I have tested it. There are several tabs within the application: Pictures, Videos and File Manager. They do not appear under the Videos tab. Under both of the other tabs, at no point does exporting give an option to select the format. It only offers choice of the directory that all selected items will be copied to. I do not know where you got the following line from

After this, backup the motion pictures you have taken and select to save them as gifs.

But this is quite simply false.

@ramm - Maxs instructions were in fact wrong, HiSuite does not let you export the moving picture part on windows and based on your response it does not exist for OSX either.

@K9Krazy The Quik app you linked is possibly the closest to a solution. But I would quite frankly consider it completely unusable as the app has mandatory effects. It does not the solve the question that I share with @xfirf.

I'm sorry if I have caused any offense. I do not mean to come across as hostile. But the responses in this thread are quite simply disappointing and I expect better.

Cheers,
Wheatley



I could not have written it in a better way.
You really nailed it. Thank you.

Reply

    Cookie policy

    By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

    Accept cookies Cookie settings