Answered

Issue when sending Video

Can you please help me when I want to send a video it seems to arrive either in slow motion then normal or short, a 20 sec clip will arrive as a 3 sec clip but any sound is still there but the picture stops. This is via Watsapp and FB messenger.

Can you please help me
icon

Best answer by CharlieT 25 July 2019, 15:42

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your video issue and thank you for bringing this into our attention.
I would recommend you to try a wipe cache for the phone and also clear cache and data for the apps and see how it goes.
If the issue remains, I would recommend you to contact the facebook support for more details regarding the video resolution and how to properly upload videos or share them via facebook and whatsapp.

Hope it helps.
Best,
Charlie T.🤓
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
hi @Paula Curtis, I've flagged this for support to look at. Can you confirm which device you are using?
Hi - the device is the P30 Pro thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Paula Curtis,

Sorry to hear about the situation you are currently experiencing with your device.

In regards to this, kindly clear the cache of the applications in which this situation occurs.

To do this, please go to: Settings > Apps > (App Name) > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Restart Device.

Additionally, please perform a wipe cache partition by following the below steps:

Wipe cache partition from the Recovery menu by following the steps below:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

I hope the above proves useful!

Best wishes,
Max
I have the same issue, have you solved this problem? @Paula Curtis
I have this same problem with a P30. Does it work? I took mine back to the shop but they didnt know how to stop it?
Thanks
@Max It didnt work for me! Any other suggestions?

Thanks
hi @Max it didn't solved the problem, please help!
@Stacie91 could you solved it?
@joahumadaz no, I didn't get it sorted. Tried them both.
I'm having this issue as well. And now I also can't even edit my videos... @Max can you provide any further support?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I think the video quality may be too much for FB Messenger as my sister has iOS and can't watch them unless I send via whatsapp
@Plymalan i cant even send them via whatsapp. They have told me to try and do a factory reset.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
have you experienced the issue when sending to another user with android or Huawei?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your video issue and thank you for bringing this into our attention.
I would recommend you to try a wipe cache for the phone and also clear cache and data for the apps and see how it goes.
If the issue remains, I would recommend you to contact the facebook support for more details regarding the video resolution and how to properly upload videos or share them via facebook and whatsapp.

Hope it helps.
Best,
Charlie T.🤓
I have a new P30 Pro running 9.1.0.185.
I cannot upload videos longer than about 25 seconds to Facebook Messenger.
If i open the camera directly from Facebook it only allows me to record 20 seconds of video and it will always upload that.
When I open the camera App on its own and take a video then attempt to share it with Messenger and it is under 25 seconds it will upload the entire video. If the video is longer than 25 seconds then it might upload some of it but never all of it.
On the receiving Messenger it can be various lengths, but normally it is only 1 second. If i look at the video thumbnail on my messenger it shows the same length as the receiving messenger, but when i play the video it plays in full. When the receiver plays it, it plays only the time shown in the thumbnail.
I have a friend who has a P30 pro and she can send 90 second plus videos everytime.
I have factory reset via the Software and also a Hard reset using the power and VOl Up button. Still no luck.
I uninstalled Facebook and Messenger, rebooted and reinstalled from the play store and still the same result.

Any ideas to fix will be greatly appreciated.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@br00kee1 , I moved your post here as this thread covers the same topic. Please see CharlieT's response:

Hi all,

Hope it helps.
Best,
Charlie T.🤓
nothing from the above fixed the issue. Huawei should work together with Facebook and fix this issue!!!