Answered

My P30 camera bounces around when zoomed in and I'd very blurry.

The camera bounces around and is very blurry after about 17× zoom. The lense is not dirty and I'm not shaking. I've only had this phone for 3 weeks, and was excited. But now not so much.
icon

Best answer by picitup 8 May 2019, 14:00

Hi

If you use 30x zoom on any camera, you will probably need a tripod as any tiny movement will be amplified on screen. Also if you use 30x digital zoom on a 40mp camera the native resolution would be 40mp/30x = 1.3mp so it would be normal for the image to be very poor quality and for any tiny amount of camera shake to be amplified.

Cheers

Steve
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @KarenT ,

Welcome to the community. Can you tell us a little more about the issue. Which device are you using?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Have you tried putting your phone in a place where it does not move, and tried to zoom?

When using the zoom, the phone generally amplifies the littlest of motions by bouncing around..
Im using the P30. The pictures are very blurry, it was not moving. I am steady. This is zoomed on . And I've different things to photograph to see if I could clear it up. It's after it zoomed in around 17× that it very blurry.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi @KarenT ,
The Huawei P30 has 3x optical zoom, 5x hybrid (loss-less zoom) and 30x digital zoom.
The Huawei P30 Pro has 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid (loss-less zoom) and 50x digital zoom.

I hope you are not confusing the above models with one another.

The maximum your phone (p30) can take in terms of picture quality is with up to 5x (loss-less) zoom, thereafter the picture becomes to degrade in quality (that is when the digital zoom comes into play), it can translate to pictures becoming grainier and/or a little blurry.

Have you tried focusing your camera for something at a distance first and then focus your phone on what you are trying to photograph?
No I'm not confusing it, it is the Huawei P30. In photo mode the zoom in goes up to 30x. It is blurry past 17x. And it bounces around on a still subject. I've been doing photography for many years. If this is normal, ok. But it's not as good as it's made out to be.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi

If you use 30x zoom on any camera, you will probably need a tripod as any tiny movement will be amplified on screen. Also if you use 30x digital zoom on a 40mp camera the native resolution would be 40mp/30x = 1.3mp so it would be normal for the image to be very poor quality and for any tiny amount of camera shake to be amplified.

Cheers

Steve
Ok thank you so much for your help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi

Cheers

SteveOk thank you so much for your help.

@KarenT This is what I was trying to inform you about, explained in simpler terms. 🙂
When i look at the image on the phone's screen, the image is sharp/clear
then i steadily take the picture of the moon without moving my hands, and it comes out with a blurry image

there are many reviews on youtube comparing oppo with huawei, oppo 60x zoom is much better than huawei 50x zoom

i am disappointed that the phone comes with such a high price but the zoom is blurry unlike competitor's phone which uses the same hardware

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @blurry,

I moved your question here. Please read the thread and let us know if you still need assistance. 🙂