Answered

My selfie camera on the huawei p30 Pro seems broken

• 30 July 2019
  • 2 replies

I don't know if it's just me but my selfie camera doesn't feel like it's 20mp or 32mp capable
My front main camera works perfectly so I find my self just using the front camera to take good quality pictures

Can anyone help me? Do I need to get a new phone?

Selfie camera

Selfie camera

icon

Best answer by Tboy2000 30 July 2019, 03:26

Hey am a little confused with your post as you say you feel your selfie camera feels not that good and yet you say your front main camera works perfectly. The selfie camera IS the front camera. Unless you mean the REAR main camera works perfectly?

The front selfie camera has a fixed focus so only when it's the correct distance from your face will it be pin sharp. The sweet spot to perfect selfies is with the camera 55cm away from your face. That is approximately a stretched arm's length away. You may seem small in the frame but you can always crop in afterwards to zoom in.

Also go into the front camera settings and make sure you are on the highest resolution.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hey am a little confused with your post as you say you feel your selfie camera feels not that good and yet you say your front main camera works perfectly. The selfie camera IS the front camera. Unless you mean the REAR main camera works perfectly?

The front selfie camera has a fixed focus so only when it's the correct distance from your face will it be pin sharp. The sweet spot to perfect selfies is with the camera 55cm away from your face. That is approximately a stretched arm's length away. You may seem small in the frame but you can always crop in afterwards to zoom in.

Also go into the front camera settings and make sure you are on the highest resolution.

Yeah sorry that's what I mean rear camera
And thank you for the advice didn't think it had to be at a specific distance

I thought my camera was broken seeing as it doesn't tell you that 😂