Answered

P20 Pro Camera: image stability

• 25 November 2018
  • 9 replies

Recently I've been having an issue with the P20 Pro camera. The problem being that when I zoom in to take a photo the image stability doesn't kick in. It takes a blurry photo, more so when I zoom in over 5x it wasn't always like this, whenever I would zoom in before it would always stabalize the photo and it would be really clear and sharp

Can anyone help also I have reset camera setting incase it was that and also reset my phone to make sure it wasn't anything I have touched

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 14 February 2019, 18:36

Hi @Rossmorgan94, @dta210,

Have you tried @Mazza4321 suggestion?

Please keep us updated on the situation if possible!

And if you solved this, we would love to hear your feedback/suggestion on how you've done so!

Best wishes,
Max
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Rossmorgan94,

If you can post a few pictures and a print screen of the camera when doing this I will do my best to assist you in this matter.

Best wishes and looking forward to your reply,
Max
Hello since the last update there doesn't seem to be an option anymore to turn on or off the image stabilisation in video mode?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello @dta210,

Can you please PM me a screenshot of this as well?

In that way, I will be able to look further into this.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, i know it may not be what you want to hear but I only have a suggestion. Have you tried, once locked on the thing your trying to take a picture of, just tapping the screen once on the image/thing your snapping? I know it sounds really obvious but I do have this same problem when trying to take marco pics and it seems to jist nudge the focus into shape. (I have mate AI turned on too, not sure if this helps or hinders) 👍 good luck.
Hi, i know it may not be what you want to hear but I only have a suggestion. Have you tried, once locked on the thing your trying to take a picture of, just tapping the screen once on the image/thing your snapping? I know it sounds really obvious but I do have this same problem when trying to take marco pics and it seems to jist nudge the focus into shape. (I have matster AI turned on too, not sure if this helps or hinders) 👍 good luck.
P. S. You can also choose screen record and show the process hapoening I believe you can send a vid link in these? #new_community_member, could be wrong ha
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Rossmorgan94, @dta210,

Have you tried @Mazza4321 suggestion?

Please keep us updated on the situation if possible!

And if you solved this, we would love to hear your feedback/suggestion on how you've done so!

Best wishes,
Max
Hi sorry for the late reply I had completely forgotten about this post I have fully reset my phone back to factory and it seemed to help but I has went the same way again I have a picture I tool last night from around 15-20meters away and although it is readable it is not the same as it used to be when I focused correctly at full zoom. It used to be so good and now its photos I get like this were they are blurry ill have a look for an older photo at full zoom if I still have any to compare.

For some reason it shows the unzoomed photo twice but these photos were taken on holiday last year when I had not long bought the phone to signify how good the camera was and how clear the photos were at full zoom.

The small green arrow indicates where the lighthouse is situated sorry its hard to see. It's on left side of picture.

Hi sorry for the late reply I had completely forgotten about this post I have fully reset my phone back to factory and it seemed to help but I has went the same way again I have a picture I tool last night from around 15-20meters away and although it is readable it is not the same as it used to be when I focused correctly at full zoom. It used to be so good and now its photos I get like this were they are blurry ill have a look for an older photo at full zoom if I still have any to compare.

@Rossmorgan94 it looks to me that there may be a few things ommited that may be factors in what you are trying to explain. Firstly i see that this image is taken in the dark (low-lit) and secondly where you say that you zoomed in all the way. The thing about zooming all the way is that (as i belueve it to be) you enter the digital zoom which will make a less clear image too. I would suggest setting your image to 1080 than hutting the x3 optical zoom then zoom in after the picture has been taken? I will perform some examples over the weekend and hopefully see the difference slight changes can make 👍