Answered

P30 PRO Camera Software Upgrade coming anytime soon

• 31 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hey all,

Loving my P30 Pro, but like many other people I find the cameras to be a bit weird... is there any conformation of any software updates coming for it?

my main problems are;

really aggressive auto focussing and blurring
weird colour reproduction from only the main sensor (Probably that RYYB sensor)
Central focus, the camera only focuses on one item at a time so if you point at a keyboard not all keys are focussed equally.

That being said I love it at the same time, mainly the wide angle lense. I have taken some amazing pictures and I am really impressed at just how well it can pic up clouds in photos without ruining the exposure/contrast of the rest of the photo.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Plymalan 2 August 2019, 15:00

Hey @BarneyT
I think that @kieranlong is asking if there's going to be an update to the camera app rather than having a problem with the software.

I like it but it is sooo clunky and needs some magic. You get hits and misses with photos. And when you get hits they are amazing.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello @kieranlong!

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your P30 Pro!

Also we are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. In this case I will suggest you to back up all your data and do a factory reset. After you do this your camera should work fine.

Please let us know if this helped and don't hesitate to contact us if we can help you with any other problem.

Wish you the best,
BarneyT
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hey @BarneyT
I think that @kieranlong is asking if there's going to be an update to the camera app rather than having a problem with the software.

I like it but it is sooo clunky and needs some magic. You get hits and misses with photos. And when you get hits they are amazing.
Hey @BarneyT

This is spot on!! some photos look like I have took it through a dirty potato and others even make some of the stuff my cannon DSLR can even do... All im after is a slight bit of improvement in consistency so it isn't as hit and miss.

And maybe a bit of a revamp like you said.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
9.1.0.161 included camera improvements+may 2019 security patch
9.1.0.178 claimed to include camera improvements but was most likely a typo+june 2019 security patch

It seems the new patch, 9.1.0.185, includes more camera optimization+july 2019 security patch, but no exact details.

.161 was colour improvements and some other issue. Before that you had dual-view video mode, and then you had the patch released after launch fixing some other stuff.