Answered

Photo problems P30 pro

• 13 April 2019
  • 27 replies

Hello,

Some of my photos get pixel errors. But the errors aren't visible immediately. When you later watch your pictures again, the errors appear at once. But not on every picture.

Every picture is safed on google photos, but the original on the device is destroyed. I don't know why.

Any suggestions?

Bye,
Sylver

icon

Best answer by Yuras 15 May 2019, 12:23

Hello everybody.
I’ve managed to upgrade to the version 153.
After that I performed the tests again with the same 256GB NMcard and the issue with corrupted files seems to be resolved.
At least I could not reproduce it yet.

So, I suggest to update the firmware of the phone as soon as possible.
View original

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Same problem, changed new NW card but not fix ! But not every pictures, 2 of 10 perhaps.
What I forgot, my friend (P30 pro) has the same problem, too.

Yes, it is not every picture. And it does not affect only certain pictures like zoom-pictures or pictures from any other modes. It can happen with every picture.

It's not the nm-card, because it happens with pictures on the device, too.

Huawei Germany wanted me to send my mobile to repair. But I think it's a problem of the software.

So Huawei should work on an update.

Here a new example from yesterday. It's a normal photo, no zoom in or out or anything else.

Userlevel 1
My friend got this problem too, it's global issue not standalone issues.
Userlevel 1
One of the samples

Nice 😉

I opened a thread in a German Forum. Perhaps there are people with the same problem.

Did you have contact to huawei support?
Userlevel 1
Actually the system auto mergerd several images to open !

Userlevel 1
Nice ;-)

I opened a thread in a German Forum. Perhaps there are people with the same problem.

Did you have contact to huawei support?

Not yet
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
What if you try another image viewer from the play store? It might be the Huawei viewer.

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 1
What if you try another image viewer from the play store? It might be the Huawei viewer.

Cheers

SteveWhat if you try another image viewer from the play store? It might be the Huawei viewer.

Cheers

Steve

Yes, same result
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey all!

Does the same thing happen if you clear the cache and data of the camera app? You can do that from Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > Camera > Storage.

If this didn't help, you could also try a factory reset.

Additionally, if you'd like to help mapping this issue and possibly find a general solution for it, please PM me the Serial and Build number of your phone alongside with the #P30Cam.

Thanks in advance!
Max
I had contact to Huawei Germany. They also told us to clear cache and reset the camera, but the error continued.

I'm also active in a German forum. Someone wrote, that it could be the NM Card. Not a specific NMC, the NMC in general. Since yesterday new photos are safed to the internal storage. I'm testing.

But my friend is using the internal storage since the beginning and the error also occurs.

Another image viewer changed nothing. The pictures itself are damaged. They look everywhere the same.

Kind regards,
Sylver
Userlevel 1
Huawei Hong Kong replied to me that they know the issue and will fix on the next update.
I have the same problem. Some images are scrambled.
Are you using a NM Card, too?
Yes - the scrambled images are on the NM card. Would a factory reset help?
No, not really, but you can try if you want. In German forums they told me, that the error occures only on NM Cards. Huawei will release an update to solve this (?).

I save my photos on my internal storage since two days. All new pictures are still ok.

I keep testing. 🙂
Thank you for this info sylver81. It's very frustrating and I hope a software update fixes this. It is upsetting that Huawei has not given us a timeline for when this will happen.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Zerolight ,

The support team are aware and looking into this, as Max says, it you'd like to help mapping this issue and possibly find a general solution for it, please PM Max the Serial and Build number of your phone alongside with the #P30Cam.

Thanks.
Hi everybody.
My friend from Ukraine has exactly the same issue with his P30 Pro.
We performed some tests with nmcard 256Ggb and 128Gb and that is what we figured out so far:

1. The problem occurs only with 256GB NM card. The 128GB NM card worked fine so far. However, it does not guaranty that it will not appear on 128GB card as well.
2. The same 256GB NM card works perfectly with P30 model (not P30 Pro). It also works well in USB adapter.
3. This issue occurs with any files written on P30 Pro - not only the photos.
4. The files that were saved using the USB adapter (nmcard 256Gb), on the phone P30 pro are being read well and not corrupted.
5. The same files that were saved on the phone P30 pro (nmcard 256Gb) with a charger connected to the phone are being read well and not corrupted.

So it looks like the problem is related to the voltage during the flash memory write process in P30 Pro (on the battery). And it’s not related to the level of battery charge.
For the tests, we tried saving on nmcard several large files of size 10GB and checked their hash.
Hope this can help to find a solution!

Userlevel 1
The issue also happen on 128GB card, but the latest .140 firmware seems fixed the problem. After upgrade I just got one corrupted image from hundreds of shoots.
Thank you Yuras and Superdog for these interesting observations. I've been using my 128gb nano memory and for a few days and no corrupted images so far. I wonder what percentage of p30 pro units have this problem? I am still waiting for the software update here in Singapore.
I have the same issue with corrupted photos on my Huawei P30 Pro în UK. So far in about 500 photos I had 3 corrupted pictures and they all happened by using my 128 MB NM card. So basically I took all the photos initially on my internal storage, and then I bought the NM card, moved the photos and that's when they got corrupted. The images look exactly the same like the sample images in this forum. I will also write to the support team... Hopefully an update really does fix this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
If you want to take a lot of photos to test out the hardware, you can use Open Camera from the Play Store to take 200 photos in quick succession. The feature is called focus bracketing and takes a number of photos at different focal lengths, but you don't care about that you just want a large number of photos. To use the feature in Open Camera you:

1. Start Open Camera and line up your shot.
  2. Press photo settings (3 vertical dots)
  3. Tap on Focus {} (focus bracketing)
  4. Back into the settings as above
  5. Scroll up a little and set the Number of Photos (200?)
  6. Touch the main screen to dismiss the menu
  7. Hit the photo button and you will see it taking the photos and adjusting the focus each time.
  8. Check the photos by browsing them
Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Steve
Hello everybody.
I’ve managed to upgrade to the version 153.
After that I performed the tests again with the same 256GB NMcard and the issue with corrupted files seems to be resolved.
At least I could not reproduce it yet.

So, I suggest to update the firmware of the phone as soon as possible.
I'm using a 128gb card and running 161 firmware. I started getting the problem last week.
Cleared cache and carried out a card format still had the problem. Carried out a factory reset and still getting the issues.