Answered

Which display colour mode for photo editing

Userlevel 3
On the Huawei P20 Pro in the display settings there are 2 colour modes to pick from.
I have read that the Normal mode uses the sRGB colour gamut and the Vivid mode uses the P3 gamut.

Anyone know if this is correct and which is best to use when editing photos ?
icon

Best answer by AliFord 27 October 2018, 12:15

Well it looks like nobody in the this community knows the answer to this one.

So for those that are interested I have been and asked in the Jessops camera store in Nottingham.

They said when you're editing photos go for the Normal colour mode which is sRGB. Most screens still use sRGB and there printers also use it.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Well it looks like nobody in the this community knows the answer to this one.

So for those that are interested I have been and asked in the Jessops camera store in Nottingham.

They said when you're editing photos go for the Normal colour mode which is sRGB. Most screens still use sRGB and there printers also use it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi AliFord,

Thanks for finding the answer and thanks for sharing it, might be helpful for other users in the future! 🙂
Userlevel 4
Hi AliFord,

P3 will offer you a wider colour space, one that is closer to Adobe RGB, however most people's monitors are likely to be sRGB. Ultimately, this is where more people are likely to see your image, so best to stick to it.

Macca
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Wonderful topic and great input from all. Definitely will be of help for the modern designer on the go.
Thank you both 🙂

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings