Answered

Why is the Huawei P30 Pro Video/photos so bad

• 18 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I have had the phone 2 weeks and not managed to use the camera much but when I have I am not fully satisfied with it. I have contacted the network and they've said it's faulty but I am hoping it is and the replacement will be better otherwise it's off to the Samsung S10+ but I really want this to be faulty due to my main feature on a phone being the camera and with the zoom on the p30 pro then I want to keep it.

Is anyone else having these issues or can Huawei comment that it is a fault and a software update will fix it?

Faults.

Bad quality and video jumps when zooming in by holding down. The video below is a little bit of video footage. This is meant to be 4K, without zooming in looks ok, in this video im zooming in and between 1-5x zoom it looks rubbish IMO and once hits 5x everything changes and looks really good
icon

Best answer by drhouse 18 June 2019, 21:06

the reason for the video is due to each lens being assigned to have a different role when it comes to filming/taking photos. Some brands allow the user to choose exactly which camera(s) they wish to use to take a camera/zoom with etc...

There is a thread which explains in some detail about the possible cause of this here: https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-questions-about-the-camera-on-your-device-26/my-p30-camera-bounces-around-when-zoomed-in-and-i-d-very-blurry-4689
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
the reason for the video is due to each lens being assigned to have a different role when it comes to filming/taking photos. Some brands allow the user to choose exactly which camera(s) they wish to use to take a camera/zoom with etc...

There is a thread which explains in some detail about the possible cause of this here: https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-questions-about-the-camera-on-your-device-26/my-p30-camera-bounces-around-when-zoomed-in-and-i-d-very-blurry-4689
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I closed this thread to avoid double topics. Please continue the discussion in the thread mentioned by @drhouse.