Answered

Huawei Honor Devices - bootloader unlock code

I am on the look out for Huewie Honor Play Bootloader Unlock Codes For Honor Devices as I am searching and looking everywhere but all I have found is that I have to pay for the codes becouse I am thinking of doing a custom Firmware on my Honor Play and eny other huawei devices
icon

Best answer by DRSC Media 14 June 2019, 20:49

The Bootloader is locked and cannot be unlocked with regular means. If you want to unlock it, it's best you ask your question on a forum such as XDA developers, as they might be able to help you there.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
The Bootloader is locked and cannot be unlocked with regular means. If you want to unlock it, it's best you ask your question on a forum such as XDA developers, as they might be able to help you there.
Userlevel 1
No Huawei just give out codes again!!! this is absolute theft of Propperty that people own.its in everyones intrest right now.
Userlevel 1
@galley79
Huawei stopped caring so should you about huawei
I do enter on a phone keyboard
code:
*#*#1357946#*#*

I get the response result:
code:
EMUI-Version = EMUI 9.1.0
Serial number = CLCD....15
Product ID = 04....9

Now I will get my phone bootloader Huawei unlock code from this Huawei-URL:

https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index

There are not exist any HTML input elements for the above given properties! 🤥

Why does'nt work this Huawei-URL?!!

Userlevel 1
@udoline Huawei decided to scam all their customers by stopping the unlock support for all their phones they are lazy and they lie about the reasons why. they say its for safety and security but thats just a lie they are just lazy and refuse to fix their mistakes and give their customers the service that they payd for. my advice is just to Not buy a huawei phone but a oneplus phone instead next time, they come with unlocked bootloaders straight from the factory with absolutely no problems or security issues that huawei is suffering from.
@chinchan9 Yes, I think that too ...
I paid 100% for my device. Then I would also like to be able to determine the superuser root account.
At my own risk and nothing else.
How so with various permissions on other devices as like notebook etc.

An approach like Linux distribution Debian like sudo would be acceptable and sufficient.

Userlevel 1
@chinchan9 Yes, I think that too ...
I paid 100% for my device. Then I would also like to be able to determine the superuser root account.At my own risk and nothing else.
How so with various permissions on other devices as like notebook etc.

An approach like Linux distribution Debian like sudo would be acceptable and sufficient.

Litteraly this ^^ are u listing @Huawei Mobile UK

@Danjl @Max @BarneyT

Locking the bootloader is unacceptable!! its like u sell us a gaming computer but then pre install it with ubuntu and then encrypt the harddrive so we can not do a damn thing with the device.

#Unlock Our Bootloaders!! #me2
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@chinchan9 - thanks for your feedback on the locked bootloader. As mentioned elsewhere in the community,

"the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications. "

Huawei is aware some users are frustrated by this, but I am not aware of any plans to change this at this time.
Userlevel 1
@Danjl Thank god you were not aware of the latest update that i heard this week that the new huawei mate 30 pro comes with an unlockable bootloader, so after all u guys fixed some of your problems that you had with unlocking your devices so when is the rest going to be supported like they should be? or you don`t know that either? i understand that they wont give you all info but maby there is new news after this update?

huawei Ceo richard yu said it will give users more freedom

yay maby finaly huawei stops taking our devices hostage!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@chinchan9 - thanks for sharing - clearly I missed that from the livestream. I've checked with the folks and it's being looked into, will update the community if we hear more.
Userlevel 1
@Danjl today another update from richard yu he now says huawei has no plans on unlocking the bootloader of the mate 30 pro after his last message about unlocking the bootloader i kinda pre ordered one to see how it would go and sponsor huawei on their good behavior but ill guess i have to cancel the order again due this confusing news.

what are they gonna do now yes or no bootloader unlock apearently they fixed things so it would be possible. and how are they gonna get around the fact that without a bootloader unlock u cant install google apps and use basic functions on the phone which makes ur last flagship basicly a dead paper weight without bootloader acces.

so please eleborate on this confusing news
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@chinchan9 I guess we'll just need to wait and see. Hopefully clarification comes soon.