3D Live Maker

• 16 November 2018
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The 3D live maker app is now available.
The app was demoed in the live event with the panda toy being scanned and then animated in Augmented Reality.

The app only works for Mate 20 Pro and Porshe Design.

The app is available to download via the Huawei App Store. I haven't seen it in the play store.

It's free to download.

https:// https://appgallery.cloud.huawei.com/marketshare/app/C100496909?locale=en_GB

23 replies

And I don't have my phone to test it out 😞

I took it back and I am waiting for my replacement for 5 days now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
First attempt at scanning one of my daughters Peppa Pig toys...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

In fairness I scanned this in poor lighting conditions and on a brown table, the app recommends you use a non-reflective white surface and good lighting.

I just had to share this 😉 I'll play around with this mode at work today and hopefully get some better results.
Hello , I am trying to download 3d live maker in appgallery but in italy the app does not exist. I have a huawei 20 mate android 9.0 .0.122. Does it is compatibile ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello , I am trying to download 3d live maker in appgallery but in italy the app does not exist. I have a huawei 20 mate android 9.0 .0.122. Does it is compatible ?
It's only compatible with the Mate 20 Pro and 20 Pro Porshe edition.

Hello , I am trying to download 3d live maker in appgallery but in italy the app does not exist. I have a huawei 20 mate android 9.0 .0.122. Does it is compatible ?It's only compatible with the Mate 20 Pro and 20 Pro Porshe edition.

Th

Hello , I am trying to download 3d live maker in appgallery but in italy the app does not exist. I have a huawei 20 mate android 9.0 .0.122. Does it is compatible ?It's only compatible with the Mate 20 Pro and 20 Pro Porshe edition.

oh what a pity, and about Huawei wireless charge does it compatibile?
Huawei app store now won't load, tried mobile data and WiFi, rebooted phone and tried again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Huawei app store now won't load, tried mobile data and WiFi, rebooted phone and tried again.
I had this issue a few nights ago. The server was temporarily down, just keep trying 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Note the app is now available in the play store

Play store
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Under the right conditions this app is actually bloody marvelous. I've had a laugh creating some terrible 3D scans (some on purpose, some were happy accidents) but when it works it works really well.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Under the right conditions this app is actually bloody marvelous. I've had a laugh creating some terrible 3D scans (some on purpose, some were happy accidents) but when it works it works really well.

That's actually awesome bud
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi Tony, Any tips for getting a good scan? Seems quite tricky
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi Tony, Any tips for getting a good scan? Seems quite tricky
It's all about good lighting and scanning your object against a white background. I placed a large white towel over the table in my dining room and then made sure all the lights were on. It also helps to pick something with vibrant colours like this, out of curiosity I attempted to scan a snowman figurine and because it was white against the white background the camera simply couldn't pick up enough details for an accurate scan. I've found it easier to hold the phone still and once it detects the item you can use your other hand to move the item your scanning, rather than moving the phone around it which is tricky to do.

I'm actually in the process of setting up a YouTube channel where I'm going to scan as many random items as I can to see what works and what doesn't 😊
Hello, can someone tell me, will only the P30 Pro support 3D scanning or the P30 as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I think that @AlexL probably knows this! 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello, can someone tell me, will only the P30 Pro support 3D scanning or the P30 as well?

Hi Londonsangel, it's the P30 Pro that will support the improved 3D Live Maker because of the ToF (Time of Flight) camera. P30 does not use ToF. Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Both p30 models don't have the front facing cameras required for 3d scanning, they made the design decision to have a smaller notch and ditch the feature. The pro model does have a depth sensor on the back but I'm sure it's only for distance information to help with better portrait pictures. Might be used for 3D but I don't think it's the right type of sensor for that.

(edit as @AlexL mentions above it is a time of flight sensor on the pro model and can be used for 3D scanning)

Regards Jase
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, can someone tell me, will only the P30 Pro support 3D scanning or the P30 as well?Both p30 models don't have the front facing cameras required for 3d scanning, they made the design decision to have a smaller notch and ditch the feature. The pro model does have a depth sensor on the back but I'm sure it's only for distance information to help with better portrait pictures. Might be used for 3D but I don't think it's the right type of sensor for that.

Regards Jase

Hi Jase the P30 Pro will support 3D Live maker using the back camera solution. This update will come later in the year. This ToF sensor on P30 Pro will be used tor 3D Live Maker. Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello, can someone tell me, will only the P30 Pro support 3D scanning or the P30 as well?Both p30 models don't have the front facing cameras required for 3d scanning, they made the design decision to have a smaller notch and ditch the feature. The pro model does have a depth sensor on the back but I'm sure it's only for distance information to help with better portrait pictures. Might be used for 3D but I don't think it's the right type of sensor for that.

Regards Jase
Hi Jase the P30 Pro will support 3D Live maker using the back camera solution. This update will come later in the year. This ToF sensor on P30 Pro will be used tor 3D Live Maker. Thanks

edited my post according 😉
I was so excited for this....but I hate it. I got my phone yesterday, and everytime I try to scan something it says it lost it 3/4 of the way through no matter what I do..I tried for hours and my phone gets hot pretty quickly. I did all the tips, good lighting, white background, solid object...😭
Love the phone, wish I could get the app to work
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Happy to read and see the fun you are having with the 3D live maker on our devices!

It's truly a joy to experience with different items to scan and bring them to life through the new technology of our devices. 🙂

As @AlexL said, P30 Pro will support 3D Live maker through an update that will be pushed in the near future this year.

Also @PinkSox, have you tried different objects? Maybe the objects you are picking are too complex or big for the camera to scan. Maybe try with a toy as @Tony did?

Looking forward to your answers, keep the posts rolling with the crazy and fun images!

Cheers,
Max
Yea, I tried initially with a smaller solid toy to get the hang of it. I'll try a few others, still wanting to give it a go!
Loving my new phone otherwise, it is my first Huawei device and I don't regret the switch from Samsung! Too bad we can't get Hivision here in Canada for some reason though 😥 We lose out on alot of features here.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Here's my attempt.

Is there any option to export models to an obj or stl files?
Thanks in advance. This phone looks great!