Amazon app shutting down Mate 20 Pro

• 27 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi folks,
just got phone yesterday and I'm in the process of getting all apps re installed etc, while trying out the prime video app my phone shut down when I launched a video. Tried again and the same thing happened. Would appreciate if others could check to see if this happens to them. I'm on UK retail version of the phone running Build version 9.0.0.108.

Kind regards , Jase.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Can only suggest uninstalling the app and reinstalling fresh from play store.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Can only suggest uninstalling the app and reinstalling fresh from play store.
Just tried your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks for trying to help👍
The price you pay for being at the bleeding edge of technology 🙈 lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I have a prime app that migrated from my mate20 and just testing isn't crashing my device.

There is a November update that's unlocking some swanky features and maybe a few bugs too.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I have a prime app that migrated from my mate20 and just testing isn't crashing my device.

There is a November update that's unlocking some swanky features and maybe a few bugs too.

Yeah hopefully that fixes things,
If you don't mind me asking what build number are you on yourself?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Mmmm, wonder why some have shipped with an older build 🤔 I'm missing some other camera software features as well. I'm guessing it's a UK thing. How do you know there's an update coming in November? You got some inside info 😉😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi, I've an earlier device, it's probably to iron out bugs but I do know an update is meant to be coming November.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Just a little update, for whatever reason the Amazon app is now working fine. I've no idea why it was crashing my phone and the app hasn't even been updated so who knows what was going on.