Answered

Android system user data locked

• 10 December 2018
  • 10 replies

I have the Mate 20 Pro which has been factory reset. The phone has not been used for few weeks and I just powered it up. It says Android system - user data locked, password required after restart device. As far as I remember I have not setup a password and the one I entered does not work. I cannot get pass the pin screen. Please can someone help.
icon

Best answer by N4T3 10 December 2018, 02:12

Turn the phone off and then with it off try holding down power key and volume up keys at the same time using the volume up/down to navigate the menus go down to wipe/factory reset and any password made should be forgotten (WILL WIPE ALL DATA ON PHONE CURRENTLY ON IT)

Please get back to me and let me know how you got on/if you need help with anything else
View original

10 replies

Turn the phone off and then with it off try holding down power key and volume up keys at the same time using the volume up/down to navigate the menus go down to wipe/factory reset and any password made should be forgotten (WILL WIPE ALL DATA ON PHONE CURRENTLY ON IT)

Please get back to me and let me know how you got on/if you need help with anything else
yes all sorted, thank you for your help
Hahaha good and your very welcome
Needing help with my password as I'm locked out of my phone and huawei cloud
Needing help with my password as I'm locked out of my phone and huawei cloud
I'm sorted too after reading this thank you very much

Needing help with my password as I'm locked out of my phone and huawei cloudI'm sorted too after reading this thank you very much

Lolol its fine haha
Hi there,

My Honor 9 Lite restarted itself today for no apparent reason and when I unlocked the phone with my pin, no apps are accessible and some have even been deleted - it keeps saying to wait and try again later. I also can't access any of my files or pictures etc. There is also a message saying Android system - user data locked, password required after restart device. I've put the password in but the message doesn't go away.

I have had my phone over a year and this has happened out of the blue. I don't want to factory reset because I will lose all my stuff including pictures and videos from travelling that I can't replace. How can I fix this issue?

I've tried doing an emergency backup (plugging into my laptop and switching on with the volume and power button, selecting emergency backup), but it doesn't do anything.

I've tried clearing the partition cache, it didn't fix anything.

I've tried connecting my phone to my laptop to transfer across files and pictures etc. but because there is no simple drag and drop option and there is the pointless HDB thing, this doesn't work in my phone's current state, even though I've switched it on. I have HiSuite on my laptop but it can't connect to my phone properly and when I click the USB button this doesn't do anything either, it just keeps trying to connect with HDB and failing.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@N4T3 Do you maybe have an answer for JWhitt?
Hello,
I hope you all are fine. I am unable to access my Internet data provided by the network. I restarted my device and it appears password required after you restart your device. I did not use any password. Also it appears some features are disable due to security reasons. I have factory reset my phone thrice but still the problem is same. I hope you people would suggest me a solution. I am using Huawei Prime Y6 2018.
Thank you
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Smack can you check it's not the google password you need to provide. If that doesn't help, then please call the support team who can help:

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/