Answered

App updates is not moving - preparing for setup

• 11 March 2019
  • 77 replies

Show first post

77 replies

Ok, I think I have a solution to this mess.

I just signed up to try and help others so here goes.

Go to:Settings > Wireless & Networks>Tethering & Portable >Portable WiFi Hotspot.

Turn it on, leave for about 5-10 mins and it the app update notification goes off.
Received notification stating that my phone need to update its app once i connected to the WiFi. Connected few times to the wifi, but yet the "preparing for setup" is not even doing anything. I restarted my phone few times, but still receiving this notification. May i know if i forgotten any steps to proceed this update..

I had the same problem over a week. Here is how I solve the problem.

1) Go to Settings > Apps > Apps
2) Top right corner menu > Show system processes
3) Search : Android Set up
4) Choose the one with 0.93 MB
5) Force Stop
6) Storage > Clear Data
7) Done.
Is there a resolution to this? It's been going on on my phone for so long now and getting help is very hard with Huawei.

Received notification stating that my phone need to update its app once i connected to the WiFi. Connected few times to the wifi, but yet the "preparing for setup" is not even doing anything. I restarted my phone few times, but still receiving this notification. May i know if i forgotten any steps to proceed this update..I had the same problem over a week. Here is how I solve the problem.

1) Go to Settings > Apps > Apps
2) Top right corner menu > Show system processes
3) Search : Android Set up
4) Choose the one with 0.93 MB
5) Force Stop
6) Storage > Clear Data
7) Done.

I had again the notification this morning. Now I disabled the app (instead of clearing storage), this is the workaround, however, the issue should be fixed properly by Huawei.
I've still been having this problem since 9.0 and I was promised it would be fixed at the end of the month with a new update. well yesterday my handset updated to 9.1 and the problem still persists.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all!

We are truly sorry for this issue but we are grateful for the feedback. Our team is working on fixing this unexpected issue!

Be patient, the problem will be solved!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance.

All the best,
BarneyT
Just some feedback from Singapore (not sure if it's carrier related) - the issue is still the same. U are really slow at fixing this... This is my first huawei phone and will be my last one.
Userlevel 1
Have had the same issue for months (despite recently getting the 9.1 update -LYA- L09) and it's pretty pathetic it's taking so long to fix.
Have to say this will likely be my last Huawei phone as well based on how long it takes to get seemingly simple bugs fixed.
Just my +1 on this, Huawei P20 Pro
I have the exact same problem, since the EMUI update to 9.1

Huawei P20 Pro
I just had to create an account to say me too!! Over a month it's been on my Mate 20 Pro, a minor bug but still annoying!! My partner has the exact same phone, on the same network but it doesn't appear on hers?! PLEASE FIX!!
Hi
Yesterday I updated my phone and the same problem came to me "preparing for the setup process" i conneced to different wiffi and still didnt work. I even reset it and left it on for 10 min to se if it would let me continue but nothing happened. After comming back home I checked for new updates and there was one (even tho I did one 5h before). Hoping that would fix my problem I proceded with the uppdate. After it uppdated the problem came back. I tryed clearing cache and it didnt work. I love this phone (mate 20pro) but this is a little bit annoying to look at.
Best regards
Hi guys,

I have the exact same issue. Even after going through the reboot steps provided above nothing changes. Can you please help out here?

Many thanks,
Lawrence
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello everyone!

In this case I would strongly recommend you to call us at 08000886700. In this way you will get help faster to your issue.

My colleagues will be more than happy to assist you with some troubleshooting steps.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Thanks, BarneyT. The phone number is not in use. Any other number I could try? Thanks, Lawrence
Userlevel 1
Hello everyone!

In this case I would strongly recommend you to call us at 08000886700. In this way you will get help faster to your issue.

My colleagues will be more than happy to assist you with some troubleshooting steps.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

Why can't these steps just be posted in this thread for us all?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Hill77 the number BarneyT gave is a UK number, if you need a different local number, you can find this here:

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/

Hope this helps.
Tried all of the suggestions and not one of them work for longer than a few hours. I am very concerned that the updates are not being installed and could jeopardise the security of the handset.

Please advise when we can expect a resolution to this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Marineboy unfortunately, I can't provide a timeline for a resolution on this issue at this time. Have you spoken to the helpdesk? If not, you can contact them directly. Please also make sure you're up to date with any updates.
Hi guys,

the same problem for me too. Yesterday I got upgrade to EMUI 9.1.0. and in the morning the same notification came up.

Is there any way to fix this?

Userlevel 1
Feels like Huawei have ditched this phone already and it's not even a year old. Not good to have this issue ongoing for months without a fix.
I have the same issue on my less than a week old Mate 20 pro. I did get a system update earlier today though after which, the phone rebooted. I've also had other system updates in the past few days. But I still keep getting the notification as shown in the screenshots posted by others above.

The finer details are as follows:
Mate 20 Pro
Build Number: 9.1.0.310(C432E10R1P16patch02)
Serial No. LHS7N19125000471
Brand new mate 20 pro with same problem, updated 2 or 3 times and its still there.

Build Number: 9.1.0.310(C432E10R1P16) gpu turbo
Brand new mate 20 pro and still getting this problem, first ever huawei and this is annoying plus i dont know if phone is keeping it self up to date? so i think it might be a send back and back to Sony which is a shame because apart from this annoying problem which seems to have gone on long enough from what i have read. its a good phone.
I've been waiting for fix since July. It's a third month I see this notification and don't disable it as I don't want to miss something important from Android setup app (like final fix for this pain). Guys, the phone has large notch and additional icon on panel eats bar limited space. For some reason I see icon of this buggy app instead of new email. Fix it already!
We are customers and paid fair amount of money for it. Don't force us to think twice before next purchase.