Best Screen Protectors for the Mate 20 Pro?

• 31 October 2018
  • 59 replies

After trying out 3 different types of glass screen protector and two film protectors, nothing is working with the under-display fingerprint scanner. Will there be any official screen protectors being released or are there any particular third party ones that actually work that offer good protection?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I got a clearcoat Matt protector fitter, they are not cheap and probably twice as much as they should be with fitting but it works with a fingerprint scanner, although you do have to press down a bit harder than usual.

Probably reason it didn't come shipped with one like the previous mate 10 pro.
Hi I am having problems getting a screen protector for my mate 20 pro. I bought one from FlightLife for £14.99 and it doesn’t stay attached to screen, it also just has adhesive around the edges. I looked for the one you suggested and cannot find anything.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I learned with my S7 Edge that shopping for an adequate screen protector to play nice with curved edges and cases is a pain. Lost money chasing screen protectors which fell off after couple days max. So for the first time I went without any screen protection and I got through a year without any damage and I am going to do the same with my Mate 20 Pro.
Wish I could be as brave! The only look I've had with screen protectors thus far is getting on that does not cover the edges of the phone, but still allows use of a screen protector. Hope Huawei releases an official line of screen protectors (like Oneplus do) at this point I'd pay anything for a full coverage glass screen protector that still works with the fingerprint scanner!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I would not recommend my previous mention as the template they used blocked the depth sensor, and you've better luck getting blood out of a stone and a refund from clearcoat screen protector fitters.

Im waiting for the bumper cases to wrap my precious in.

Thanks for your update chilliphone and others for their input. I am fuming with FlightLife as they will not give refund because I have used their product. How else I can check whether their product sticks to my screen without doing this , you tell me. £15 down the drain.
My Pro 20 Lite is the first phone I have had that screen protectors are useless, unless you can live with a unsightly edge all round your screen where the tempered screen protectors don't stick.

I too have tried three different brands and all are useless. The manufacturers should not be selling them unless they have fully tested them, especially on screens that have a obviously edged curve or even a slight curve that's really not that obvious to the human eye until you try a screen protector.

I guess all the Google phones I have had are flat, as my screen protectors on those phones were faultless.

I did post a comment on this site in regards to any users who have come across a good one, I even would be happy with a Tempered screen protector that does not go up to the edges, as at least I would have some protection, but I got no replies.

Im just using my P20 Lite with no screen protector and I'm being extra carefull.
Hello, can anyone please recommend what screen protector to buy for my new Huawei Mate 20 Pro? The UK version doesn't ship with one.

Thankyou
Hi I've been looking into getting a screen protector for my mate 20 pro and I've been reading a lot about issues with the inscreen fingerprint ID. Please can anyone recommend a good screen protector for this phone.

Thanks all!!
Userlevel 1
I found one screen protector that fits Mate 20 Pro Screen really well also fingerprint sensor work perfectly fine but it is not tempered glass, something I can deal with.
Link below
Newzerol on Amazon (2 screen protectors per pack)
It comes with everything you need to fit the protector 🙂

Following instructions is a must.
I have to admit I was trying to do it too fast (I'm Mr. Impatient) 😂 and I ended up with 2 very little bubbles but I won't blame this on the protector itself. I can say I'm pleased with the quality.

Userlevel 1

As you can see fingerprint works fine
Hi,
While searching for screen protectors, I found this (eBay link); 5D PREMIUM GORILLA FULL CURVED TEMPERED GLASS PROTECTOR FOR HUAWEI MATE20 PRO

Has anyone tried them?
As a side question. Mine didn't come with the clear cover i've seen in many unboxing videos. I trawled through Huawai's website to see "what's in the box" - They list the clear rear cover, but not on NEU and WEU models. How do I know which model I have?
Thanks.

EDIT: Can't figure out to get a working link up there. This is the link; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173606048703
Userlevel 1
Hi,
While searching for screen protectors, I found this (eBay link); 5D PREMIUM GORILLA FULL CURVED TEMPERED GLASS PROTECTOR FOR HUAWEI MATE20 PROHas anyone tried them?
As a side question. Mine didn't come with the clear cover i've seen in many unboxing videos. I trawled through Huawai's website to see "what's in the box" - They list the clear rear cover, but not on NEU and WEU models. How do I know which model I have?
Thanks.

This screen protector probably will cover the screen well but I doubt that fingerprint sensor will work( I tried glass screen protectors and fingerprint did not work)

I belive Neu and Weu stands for Northern Europe Union and Western European Union (correct me if I'm wrong)
UK is part of Weu so no clear cases!
Okay, i'm in Denmark, that may be a NEU-country.. Is the original covers available as "spares"?
EDIT: Found them in Denmark for ~£7, not in stock though.

I'll see if I can find a review on the screen protector before buying.

Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Okay, i'm in Denmark, that may be a NEU-country.. Is the original covers available as "spares"?
EDIT: Found them in Denmark for ~£7, not in stock though.

I'll see if I can find a review on the screen protector before buying.

Thanks.

Sorry I just assumed you're from UK😂
The clear case, I wouldn't say is that great (had one with P20 Pro but never used it.

When it comes to glass screen protectors I found a little info:

Mate 20 Pro uses an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, so a glass screen protector would change the acoustics.

Where "change" means that the sound waves are being blocked by the protector, so they're being "changed" to silence. It's like putting black film over the camera lens, then not getting any pictures. Glass blocks ultrasonic sound.

If you not gonna use the fingerprint then glass protector will be fine for you although I'm not sure if it will fit well like the screen protector I posted link to (it's not glass one tho)
Hello my name is nate I have a mate 20 Pro and after having to send 2 mate 20 pros back I have finally got 1 that works with NO GREEN SCREEN 🙂 now that I have it I want to get a screen Protector but and unsure of what one to buy could someone some where PLEASE point me in the right direction as I love this phone and its design and want to keep it mint

Thanks Huawei community

N4T3 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @N4T3,

I moved your question to this thread. I think you'll find some useful information in the replies above! 🙂
Hi @N4T3,

I moved your question to this thread. I think you'll find some useful information in the replies above! :)

Thanks very much @Amy
I found one screen protector that fits Mate 20 Pro Screen really well also fingerprint sensor work perfectly fine but it is not tempered glass, something I can deal with.
Link belowNewzerol on Amazon (2 screen protectors per pack)
It comes with everything you need to fit the protector :-)

I have to admit I was trying to do it too fast (I'm Mr. Impatient) 😂 and I ended up with 2 very little bubbles but I won't blame this on the protector itself. I can say I'm pleased with the quality.

I have just bought one for my phone now
Hi all
I would like to recommend this screen protector to you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JKWT9JX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately if you use this case like me though then you will have problems with the edges of the screen protector staying down, which is why I am here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GRMYK6L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone use this Spiegen case for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, if yes, which screen protector have you had success with? At this stage I am actually considering trimming about 1-2mm of the edge away from the screen protector and trying that, because apart from the edges being lifted up due to the case being so tight, both are perfect.
Userlevel 3
Link belowNewzerol on Amazon (2 screen protectors per pack)
It comes with everything you need to fit the protector :-)

In can confirm this is a great film screen protector I have exact same one, its great, doesn't feel as good as glass but it does actually repair itself from little marks scratches etc and lifetime replacement warranty can't go wrong
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I agree that this is a good (film) protector. It will at least keep any scratches at bay. I also use the official Smart View Flip Case when I'm out and about for extra screen protection. There are some amazing deals on this at the moment (check Amazon).
Userlevel 3
I have the smart case I love it. Official Huawei case only £15 on Amazon it's great.
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had any joy with a matte/anti glare screen protector for their mate 20 pro? I've tried a tempered glass and it didn't fit with my spigen case, and now the anti glare cover I've been sent from ebay does not cover the edges.

Any ideas gratefully received.

All the best,

Chris
Userlevel 3
Ok guys after buying maybe 10 glass screen protectors full coverage curved they were either out right lying on description or they were terrible quaily and didn't fit. And I've fitted 100s and 100s of screen protectors over many years.
They where all so bad I ended up going with film and it was great. I linked it on this thread but I wasn't happy with the fell under your fingers. Well I got a new type of glass full coverage screen protector and wow is all I can say. It's amazing easier to fit than any glass or film and it's full coverage looks and feels like it was fitted in Huawei factory. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07KQ81VBM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
I was very sceptical about using this UV fluid and curing the glass to my phone. But after some research and a couple tests it's fine. And I have to say I will never ever go back to normal glass screen protectors or film protectors again. This thing is amazing. I left a long review on the actual Amazon listing. I normally don't leave reviews unless something just really wows me and this does.
If yiu need a full coverage curved screen protector that feels like you don't have a screen protector on a d looks like it was fitted by Huawei and easier to fit than any other type this is the one for you.

Man it took a lot of money and messing around to find the perfect screen protector but I honestly feel like this is it. I love it.
Obviosuky if anything changes I'll update the amazing review and this page but man I can't see that happening. The typing, gaming just the feel of the phone is so much better than all others I've used and just feels like I don't have one on. I love it. And yes finger print scanner works flawlessly with it. Honestly all of the screen protectors except one I used that only glued around the edge worked fine.