Best Screen Protectors for the Mate 20 Pro?

• 31 October 2018
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

Userlevel 1
I have been using https://amzn.to/2Cok48n for about a month now and love it! It has a magnetic flap on the side that holds it shut. Also like the smart case you can answer calls without opening the case.
Ok guys after buying maybe 10 glass screen protectors full coverage curved they were either out right lying on description or they were terrible quaily and didn't fit. And I've fitted 100s and 100s of screen protectors over many years.
They where all so bad I ended up going with film and it was great. I linked it on this thread but I wasn't happy with the fell under your fingers. Well I got a new type of glass full coverage screen protector and wow is all I can say. It's amazing easier to fit than any glass or film and it's full coverage looks and feels like it was fitted in Huawei factory. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07KQ81VBM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
I was very sceptical about using this UV fluid and curing the glass to my phone. But after some research and a couple tests it's fine. And I have to say I will never ever go back to normal glass screen protectors or film protectors again. This thing is amazing. I left a long review on the actual Amazon listing. I normally don't leave reviews unless something just really wows me and this does.
If yiu need a full coverage curved screen protector that feels like you don't have a screen protector on a d looks like it was fitted by Huawei and easier to fit than any other type this is the one for you.

Man it took a lot of money and messing around to find the perfect screen protector but I honestly feel like this is it. I love it.
Obviosuky if anything changes I'll update the amazing review and this page but man I can't see that happening. The typing, gaming just the feel of the phone is so much better than all others I've used and just feels like I don't have one on. I love it. And yes finger print scanner works flawlessly with it. Honestly all of the screen protectors except one I used that only glued around the edge worked fine.

Interesting...what case do you use alongside it? The only thing which is a problem is that the fingerprint scanning doesn't work if you use this?

It's the fluid one that's put me off. Id make a mess of it.Honeslty it's the first time I've ever used or seen this type and it was far far easier than a normal screen protector which you have to worry about bubbles and getting it straight and even easier than the film type protectors which are a pain to install.

Seriously. You go into your kitchen turn on the compass app on mate 20 Pro and use the level feature so you know the phone is completely level flat. Wash your hands use the cleaning wipes and dry wipe. Then the stickers to get any dust if just before you start. You take the little tube of fluid and open it and squeeze the entire thing out into a puddle in the centre of your phone on screen. It looks like a huge amount buy don't worry. Make sure it's all out. It won't go anywhere it will stay together and in the centre of your screen as long as it's level flat. Then you peel the cover of the glass and place it on. DO NOT PRESS DOWN just place it on and it does everything for you. All I did was arrange it up and down a little few millimetres it won't go side to side as it's curved it settles itself. You will see all the fluid spreads out from centre and cover everything all edges curves everything. I used the left over dry wipe just to touch the edges a little where fulid was coming out a little. Again do not press down, it will do it it's self.
Once everything was covered underneath I took the little UV light thing pulled the battery tab and just up and down all over the glass a couple centermeters above it says for 30 seconds I did it for a good 3 maybe 4 mins, then I just wiped down the phone with the alcohol wipe ( these wipes where better quality than usual it was still wet with alcohol all this time after they are thicker bigger wipes which is nice. Normally you get the really small cheap ones that dry out in seconds ) made sure all the fluid was of the edges and cleaned the phone and it was rock solid.

I hammer my phone. I'm on its constantly with work and things I get 8-9 hours screen on time a charge and I sometimes have to charge twice. A day I use it so much. Lol. It's amazing and rock solid. I'm typing on it now. And it's a smooth and lovely as the actual screen. I wouldn't know if it was on of off honeslty.

Sorry for the long post. But I know how hard it is to get and find a good protector. Trust me I wasn't all the forums the week after the Mate 20 Pro came out asking for best cases and screen protectors. With it being so new I just had to research and do my best on my own. I just checked my Amazon and eBay in total 12 glass and 2 film screen protectors I've tried. And this is the best. Hell I swear it's the best I've ever used. And I'm in my late 30's of age and have changed and fitted countless protectors over the years. I will never want to use a normal glass or film ever again.
This sounds great thanks for the review, I am pretty much sold on this but when it comes to removal is that going to be an issue? I don't want to damage the screen!

Cheers Ryan
That was my only concern too. But since they supply 2 in a pack and 2 fluids etc I presume they know it can come off. Honestly though I was worried about that. And I left some of the UV on a broken glass protector I had and set the glue with the UV light and left it for a week it was hard but with a little isopropyl alcohol it came of no problem. One thing have to remember the glass on the screen is much harder than the glue and no matter what I will come of even if it had to be scrapped of with a plastic spugger. But it was no problem it cleaned of completely on the test I did. So I can confidently say I'm not concerned if my protected does its job and cracks if the screen gets hit. I'll be able to clean and then use the other one provided.
Just take your time and make sure the phone is level, clean and you use all the fluid and don't press the screen protector down as that will push the fluid out and not settle as it should.
Its very easy to apply. Just follow steps and you'll be very happy.

Sounds good. Does the fingerprint functionality work? Is it compatible with most cases that cover the edges and back of the phone?

After weeks of trying to figure it out...

I think I've found a pretty good combination,
Ultimate sheild invisible film screen protector with the sup case unicorn beetle

I wasn't keen on the idea of the UV fluid, the ultimate should is a wet apply film, sticks really well, you have to be patient with the curve but once it's on you can't even tell, the screen looks exactly the same. Full functionality intact my finger print sensor works perfectly!

Love the sup case, feels sturdy, and the clear back means I can still see the beautiful twilight

Hope this helps some people!
Do you by any chance have links to what your talking about? Google Search just brought up various different protectors and I'm not sure which one is the one you are taking about. Been looking for something like this so it would be a great help. Thanks.
Regards Jase
Sure :)
https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/collections/mate-20-pro/products/huawei-mate-20-pro-invisible-film-screen-protector

So you can pick either a full wrap or just the screen, really fast shipping too mine came within 2 days
:)

Interesting but doesn't the SUP case you talk about already have a screen protector? It's this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L9TVQQC/ref=asc_df_B07L9TVQQC58062982/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B07L9TVQQC&linkCode=df0&hvadid=311159021512&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9141337817043446304&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046888&hvtargid=aud-545671390501:pla-652810109447
Ok guys after buying maybe 10 glass screen protectors full coverage curved they were either out right lying on description or they were terrible quaily and didn't fit. And I've fitted 100s and 100s of screen protectors over many years.
They where all so bad I ended up going with film and it was great. I linked it on this thread but I wasn't happy with the fell under your fingers. Well I got a new type of glass full coverage screen protector and wow is all I can say. It's amazing easier to fit than any glass or film and it's full coverage looks and feels like it was fitted in Huawei factory. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07KQ81VBM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
I was very sceptical about using this UV fluid and curing the glass to my phone. But after some research and a couple tests it's fine. And I have to say I will never ever go back to normal glass screen protectors or film protectors again. This thing is amazing. I left a long review on the actual Amazon listing. I normally don't leave reviews unless something just really wows me and this does.
If yiu need a full coverage curved screen protector that feels like you don't have a screen protector on a d looks like it was fitted by Huawei and easier to fit than any other type this is the one for you.

Man it took a lot of money and messing around to find the perfect screen protector but I honestly feel like this is it. I love it.
Obviosuky if anything changes I'll update the amazing review and this page but man I can't see that happening. The typing, gaming just the feel of the phone is so much better than all others I've used and just feels like I don't have one on. I love it. And yes finger print scanner works flawlessly with it. Honestly all of the screen protectors except one I used that only glued around the edge worked fine.

Sounds really good! Still happy 2 months later?

Has anyone tried this screen protector with a simple TPU flexible transparant case like the one below?

I went for the uv glass protector too after having no luck with standard ones. The fingerprint works perfectly and having broke one protector already. I can safely say it came off like any other protector with no residue left on the screen.
Userlevel 1
I use https://amzn.to/2KpJOsp

The previous recommendation suffered a problem where the back peels away from the stand.

The Huawei case https://amzn.to/2uVXrF6 sadly don't have a stand.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07KQ81VBM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I have been looking everywhere for a good screen protector. Sadly this one only got 3 stars with very bad reviews. Someone even claim it broke the phone. I seem to have some special kind of Huawei Mate 20 Pro without fingerprint detector, just with FaceID. So detecting fingerprint is not a concern for me. I just want to protect the screen. I tried with some different kinds of screen protectors but none seem to work.

Is the protector linked good despite the bad reviews?
I can confirm that you can't set up a new finger print on the Mate 20 Pro when the Eiger tempered glass screen protector is installed. So I would recommend that you AVOID the following product: https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/eiger-3d-glass-huawei-mate-20-pro-tempered-glass-screen-protector-70142