Question

Bluetooth connectivity and car kit - Mate 20 Pro

• 2 November 2018
  • 13 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
Hi guys,

So I have always been with apple and just have converted to an android fone and got myself the huawei mate pro 20. I'm very new to this software and so far falling in love with it. Their is still Loads I have to learn about the fone feature but for now would like some help on the basics pls.

First question is, I drive a fiat 500 and have a USB cable that I would connect my fone with and pair the fone with my. Device and with my i fone didn't have any issues using waze app and Spotify for music. However with the mate pro 20 has paired with my car but only allows me to take calls and receive calls but won't connect with waze or Spotify.

I've tried everything and if anyone has any suggestions pls advice as I can't live without my music lol.

My second question is the huawei car kit? Seen an awesome car kit for the pro 10 or 20 with the case with built in magnet and know the mate pro 20 is new as I got on pre launch but would Love to know if huawei will be making one for mate pro 20?

Would appreciate any guidance to my questions pls.

Thank you for your time.

Harps

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi there
To answer your first question.... I have a Ford kuga and have paired my Mate 20 Pro to it and to use Spotify I play it on my phone and cycle through the car audio settings ie select CD, radio, or phone, if Spotify is playing on my phone and I select phone from my car it will play from car speakers, does your car have sat nav? If so you could download an app called Android Auto, and if you have waze installed in your phone and have your phone connected via USB you can use waze. Also were your phone is paired with your car, if you go to Bluetooth on your phone check to see if media audio is selected in the settings were your car is connected.

Hope that helps a bit.
Userlevel 5
Make sure call audio, and media audio, is switched on when connected to your car. Screenshot was taken unconnected to my car.

Hey everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a Huawei P30 since yesterday! Great phone.
Coming from a iPhone 7, I was hoping it would be easy setting everything up. It wasn't a real problem transferring everything from my iPhone to the P30!

But the following is getting pretty annoying:

-Trying to pair my phone with my car bluetooth does not work. Everytime it states that pairing has failed. I initiated it from my phone AND from my car. It asks for a pincode (which I have entered correctly...) and it still fails to pair. Why is this so hard?

-My car has a USB port which I used to play Spotify with (worked fine with my iPhone). Now when I put my P30 in the USB it either asks for me to choose and use it for file transfer or to just.. charge. When I select something, it actually does not select it at all. The menu dissapears and my car radio shows a USB device when eventually, it goes back playing my FM radio. The Spotify song plays, through my P30 speaker. Which should not be happening.

My car is a Citroën DS3 from 2010. It has no fancy MyWay navigation screen, just a normal plain small radio text screen. Wouldnt really matter, now would it?

Some help would be great. Once I found a solution I will definately post it here.

Thanks in advance!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@ScreamGT ,

I've moved your post to this thread, as it seems @Harps was having a similar issue. Hope this helps.
My P30 pro isn't connecting to my car Bluetooth properly. It's all connected to the car, however when I play the music, it doesn't go through the cars system, instead it goes through the phones speaker only.... I try to click 'media audio' but the music still wont go through car system... Pls help me asap... Or is it becoz the updated software? Coz last time im using iphone.. When the software updated.. Everything will stuck, some of apps wont played.. Hope u guys find my solution coz i really love this phone😊
Hi was wondering did you get anywhere, having same problem when i go to settings and try to select media to on it won't allow it, just calls and messaging cheers
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Iymah90 ,

Does @RizqElder response in this thread help?

Make sure call audio, and media audio, is switched on when connected to your car. Screenshot was taken unconnected to my car.

Userlevel 5

@ScreamGT @Iymah90 @T12jfk hi sorry for not responding, I don't own a P30 and as above was referring to the Mate 20 pro which I have, do you guys have Android Auto installed on your phone's? For me when I plug my phone in I get the same message as you guys...fille transfer or charge...I just click cancel and Android Auto is running on phone and on my car, my car Sat nav screen shows Android Auto display and I'm able to select Spotify Waze Google maps from the screen and a few other options.
Userlevel 5

Without Android Auto.
Userlevel 5
Also I do remember having the same issues as you guys, however mine was a bit different, not using Android Auto and connecting to my car was fine and Spotify played via car speakers but if a notification came through via WhatsApp It would interfere with the Bluetooth connection and sound would start to come out of phone speakers, to get it back to playing through car speakers I had to reboot the phone which is why I ended up using Android Auto...just make sure your connection is like this and sound should come through car speakers.