Answered

Call recording

• 9 January 2019
  • 30 replies

• Fearless Explorer
  • 4 replies
Hi,

I read about Mate 20 could record calls, but i cant find this option.
Could anyone help me?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Tboy2000 18 June 2019, 20:26

@F3r1

Yes.

You can install the official Huawei Call Recording app from the link below. I use it on my Mate 20 and it works perfectly.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/apps-39/install-official-huawei-call-recorder-app-to-any-emui-9-huawei-or-honor-phone-5452
View original

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I think you may be mistaken about that, it's actually illegal to record phone calls without getting both parties permissions before the call begins, so I'm pretty certain there's no setting to allow this.

Regards Jase.

Edit, as per later comments lts not actually illegal for private individuals to record phone calls without permission. I didn't want to delete my comments but thought I'd edit to clarify.
Yes, i know what you wrote, but i see this option in folder tree, and i did not install any third party app in connection with it.
So i guess there could be an option to do that...

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I don't have this folder on my phone, it could perhaps be linked to an app you have installed yourself as it doesn't look like it's part of system settings. Not entirely sure to be honest but I certainty don't see it.
Hi, Try the app "ACR" works great on my Mate 20 pro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr&hl=en
I downloaded a call recorder ....it does not work. Anyone got any suggestions for a decent app to record calls please.
Userlevel 2
I believe Emui does have this feature integrated but in most regions it is disabled. This varies on the model number and build number of the software installed on the handset, this will be due to the fact in many places it is illegal to record phonecalls without both parties consent.
So how do I enable it? Its legal to record in the UK.......I've always had call recording on my phones......downloaded app from the store...but does not work on this phone .And I need it.
Userlevel 2
As I stated I believe it depends on the variant of the device, and the firmware the device is running

One more thing, you need to set the powersaving feature on apps to Manual on ACR to be able to run it in the background all the time. If you dont your phone will close the app to save battery and Call recording will not work all the time.
I don't have this folder on my phone, it could perhaps be linked to an app you have installed yourself as it doesn't look like it's part of system settings. Not entirely sure to be honest but I certainty don't see it.
That folder is not on the P20 Pro

Pointless ANDROID 9 does not support call recording.....not good.
Userlevel 4
I think you may be mistaken about that, it's actually illegal to record phone calls without getting both parties permissions before the call begins, so I'm pretty certain there's no setting to allow this.

Regards Jase.

It's actually not illegal in all countries. For example, in the UK, it's generally accepted that consent should be requested, but is not a legal requirement for personal calls not handed to third-parties.

The law may have changed in the previous year, so I could be mistaken.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Regards Jase.
It's actually not illegal in all countries. For example, in the UK, it's generally accepted that consent should be requested, but is not a legal requirement for personal calls not handed to third-parties.

The law may have changed in the previous year, so I could be mistaken.

No worries @Piers I'm not exactly certain of the law myself, just that is illegal without consent of both parties as you say, I just assumed there's no setting for it because of this. Other countries may be completely different obviously, I'm just taking about in the UK.

Regards Jase
Nearly very business in the UK uses call recording...when you phone any you are usually told " these calls are recorded for training purposes"
Thats the message I have on my mobile answerphone / machine ...works wonders for scam calls.😂
Hi.
I live in Israel and oen Mate 20 Pro, in Israel it is definitly legal to record calls without the need of permission of both parties and it is still blocked.
However, my friend own Galexy S10 and they have this option in the dial pad setting.
What is wrong with Huawei??? if I knew it is unable to record call, I wouldnt buy this one and would have take the Galexy 10, cheaper and can record calls without any third party app.

code:
Userlevel 1
Jase, you are actually wrong on the legal comment. What is legal is not lawful... you don't have to ask permission to record calls if you are private.

Only companies operating in commerce are legally obligated to follow call recording legislation, which is not law but legislation hence legislation.

If you are correct then quote the legal statute you are speaking of, you cannot just say it is illegal that would be classed as cohesion because you are then attempting to enforce an ideology without proof of claim.

Are you legally and lawfully trained to quote laws and legislation.

Also let me put it to your attention and give you notice that an Act/Statute can only be given the force of law by the consent of the governed.

That being if the people are registered as a corporation receiving benefits and privileges from the government .i.e. tax refunds, benefits &c.

If you are not registered then you are not operating in commerce therefore you are private.

You need to give full disclosure on what you are saying.

And just to make you aware that not all people chose to use the NAME for representation, which again is an ideology, that's why it states on the bottom of the birth certificate "not to be used for identification" because it is unlawful.

So i'd state to you to not provide people with limitations as you are giving out misinformation and creating a belief.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Jase, you are actually wrong on the legal comment. What is legal is not lawful... you don't have to ask permission to record calls if you are private.

Only companies operating in commerce are legally obligated to follow call recording legislation, which is not law but legislation hence legislation.

If you are correct then quote the legal statute you are speaking of, you cannot just say it is illegal that would be classed as cohesion because you are then attempting to enforce an ideology without proof of claim.

Also let me put it to your attention and give you notice that an Act/Statute can only be given the force of law by the consent of the governed.

That being if the people are registered as a corporation receiving benefits and privileges from the government .i.e. tax refunds, benefits &c.

If you are not registered then you are not operating in commerce therefore you are private.

And just to make you aware that not all people chose to use the NAME for representation, which again is an ideology, that's why it states on the bottom of the birth certificate "not to be used for identification" because it is unlawful.

So i'd state to you to not provide people with limitations as you are giving out misinformation and creating a belief.

Apologies, I'd no idea the law was different for private individuals and should really have checked. Sorry if my comments have mislead anyone and I stand corrected.

Regards Jase
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@F3r1
@albertz

Yes.

You can install the official Huawei Call Recording app from the link below. I use it on my Mate 20 and it works perfectly.

https://uk.community.huawei.com/apps-39/install-official-huawei-call-recorder-app-to-any-emui-9-huawei-or-honor-phone-5452
Thanks you for the answer.
Userlevel 1
@F3r1
@albertz

Yes.

brilliant, thank you.
Userlevel 1

Apologies, I'd no idea the law was different for private individuals and should really have checked. Sorry if my comments have mislead anyone and I stand corrected.

Regards Jase

Apology accepted, Thank you for taking the time to read my comment. Also this information is for you to use. Hope it can help you.
I have downloaded and installed hwcallrecorder.apk on my MATE 20 Pro. Call recorder works, after the call I am getting notification that the call is saved but when I open the directory Call Records, it is empty! I have tried to find the "saved file" via search the entire phone function but it is not to be found. Btw my phone's Emui is still 9.0.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I have downloaded and installed hwcallrecorder.apk on my MATE 20 Pro. Call recorder works, after the call I am getting notification that the call is saved but when I open the directory Call Records, it is empty! I have tried to find the "saved file" via search the entire phone function but it is not to be found. Btw my phone's Emui is still 9.0.

Have you checked the actual 'Recorder' app? They are in there.
What do you mean "Recorder app"? After the conversation I got an notification which says "xx calls recorded, saved to dialer > more > record call. Touch to view" When I touch it it transfer me to recorder dir, and the recording is not there. When I use a recorder app directly the recording is in that directory. I have even enabled an auto record call in caller settings. Since the recorder app is using m4a format I have searched the phone and external sd card for a m4a files and besides ones I have made directly with recorder app there were none.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I am a bit confused with your reply. On my phone, calls are saved in Internal Storage/Sounds/CallRecord and they are AMR files not m4a files. Also all calls appear in the Recorder app.