Answered

Camera and flash light not working

• 23 February 2019
  • 6 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
Got huawei mate 20 pro just two months before, bcoz of its beautiful camera features. But all of the sudden the phone got switched off by its own while clicking a picture and on switching on, the camera and flash light stopped working.
Do not understand the reason and how to fix it.
Google for solution:
Clear data and clear cache done
Camera reset and restart done
Phone reset and restart done
But nothing is working.
Anyone else experienced samething??
Anyone please help me what to do and how to fix it???
Nip.
icon

Best answer by Adamb 8 May 2019, 22:52

*solved* - clear face recognition data

Camera kept freezing, not opening, not working in other apps. Swapping away from nova launcher did not work, clearing camera cache and phone cache did work once but not again even with multiple tries and restarts.

Anytime it happens I now clear camera cache and most importantly, clear face recognition data!

Using 9.0.0.210 Mate 20 Pro
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I bet you've tried this already, but have you been to Google Play and see if any apps need updating?

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Oh, and Settings/System/Software update 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
[h4]Hey @Nipa, welcome to the community![/h4]

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device, and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In case the troubleshooting suggested by @picitup did not help, I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max
*solved* - clear face recognition data

Camera kept freezing, not opening, not working in other apps. Swapping away from nova launcher did not work, clearing camera cache and phone cache did work once but not again even with multiple tries and restarts.

Anytime it happens I now clear camera cache and most importantly, clear face recognition data!

Using 9.0.0.210 Mate 20 Pro
Im having the same issue and clearing face recognition didnt help, I have p30 pro and right now the front cam is totally not working.. It will close the app once i switch it to the front camera. Ive tried everything.. Clearing camera's cache and data.. It didnt help.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Deo772004 , as the suggest solution is not working for you, I'd suggest you can contact the support team for the UK region via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/