Camera Comparison: Mate 20 Pro vs OnePlus 6T vs OP6 vs Pixel 3

• 3 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Review and comparison of the OnePlus 6T camera tech with the original OnePlus 6, plus the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Pixel 3/3 XL. How has OnePlus evolved its camera tech and features from the OP6 for the OnePlus 6T, and is this fresh mobile as strong for photo and video capture as the Google Pixel 3 and Huawei's mighty Mate 20 Pro?

The best way of testing a smartphone camera’s grunt is by comparing it to the very best mobile snapper rivals. That’s why I’ve been reviewing the OnePlus 6T's photography prowess alongside the already very good OnePlus 6, the tri-lens Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and the highly rated Pixel 3 phones.

At a quick glance of the specs, you'll see the OnePlus 6T's camera hardware is the same as the OP6 - a 16MP primary lens and 20MP secondary lens, both f/1.7 aperture, complete with optical image stabilisation to keep things sharp. However, the photo and video results are noticeably different.

You can once again shoot 4K video on the OnePlus 6T, like the single-lens Pixel 3 and triple-lens Mate 20 Pro, although the new 6T can do it at 60FPS. All of these phones boast Portrait Mode camera smarts, while the OnePlus and Huawei phones also have a dedicated night mode.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
The mate 20 pro can also do 4k 60fps, the hardware is more than capable but is limited by Huawei themselves probably because of thermal issues. Also, whilst some of the handsets are missing stability whilst recording, Google photos can sort this issue out. It's not ideal but it is a solution. As a p20 pro user, there was clearly no need for me to upgrade to the mate 20 pro and the pixel 3 is, imo, an absolute pig in terms of looks. The one plus looks interesting but I think I'll be going back to Samsung next upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The video wobble on the 20 will be fixed in software update for sure.
Must be @chillphone because the quality is really bad and much lower thank my moms iPhone 7
Thats unacceptable for a 1000 euros phone