Answered

Camera gesture - selfie camera

• 14 November 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Hidden Dragon
  • 22 replies
Are there any camera gesture available for selfie camera like those we have in Samsung and LG phones? In Samsung we show open Palm and the camera will be triggered and LG phones we open and close the Palm. Using shutter buttons are difficult many times holding a large phone and clicking the shutter buttons.
icon

Best answer by chillphone 14 November 2018, 20:11

You can set it to auto capture when the camera detects a smile.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
A better option I think it's to turn on Audio control in the camera settings, then just say cheese and it takes a picture. Hope this helps.

Regards Jase
Userlevel 2
Yes it is @Jase, cheers. Probably there are have gestures too just Samsung's and LG's. For phones that are huge, these gestures will help for people with small to medium sized palms.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
True but this is not a perfect solution in a group shot. Just want to know if there are any other apart from the smile capture.
Only the timer function.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You can set it to auto capture when the camera detects a smile.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
That's useful, thanks for sharing. Is this documented somewhere. I believe they have so many gestures packed and not many people come to know because if their poor documentation.
I am hoping there could be more gestures hidden.

I just came across it bud and when I saw your post I thought it might work better for you, might be in the documents somewhere but that's not how I found it myself, was just messing around in the settings. Glad it's useful for you.
Regards Jase
Userlevel 2
True but this is not a perfect solution in a group shot. Just want to know if there are any other apart from the smile capture.
Userlevel 2
That's useful, thanks for sharing. Is this documented somewhere. I believe they have so many gestures packed and not many people come to know because if their poor documentation.
I am hoping there could be more gestures hidden.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Fendy I moved your post here. Perhaps @Jase can help troubleshoot this. I'd check the camera has the right permissions and any language settings are correct.

Nova 2i has a hand gesture on selfie... Sadly I switched to P20, w/c doesnt have.... Its awkward for me to say "cheese" when taking pictures... Just saying... I wish hand gestures for selfie is for all units...