Answered

Can't find video settings Mate 20 Pro

• 26 October 2018
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Having watched probably all the YouTube reviews on the mate 20 I'm trying to find how to video with the people in colour and everything else black and white? Help πŸ˜•
icon

Best answer by AdamC 16 November 2018, 22:49

The additional video settings only become available once you've updated to emui 9.0.0.122. I got the update today.
View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
In the video it's the AI option. It will automatically detect the person and make everything else black and white.

I think maybe an update is coming shortly that will also allow colour selection and the 3d scanning but not confirmed.
Having the exact same issue here no video settings option on the screen to enable this feature does anyone have any ideas?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
In the video it's the AI option. It will automatically detect the person and make everything else black and white.

I think maybe an update is coming shortly that will also allow colour selection and the 3d scanning but not confirmed.

Unfortunately this isn't the case, not in the retail version as far as I can see
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Umm not sure. This is what I have on my device.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Umm not sure. This is what I have on my device.
I don't have the little wand icon on the bottom left of the screenπŸ˜•
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
It must come on an update shortly then. I have the dual sim model.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
It must come on an update shortly then. I have the dual sim model.
So is mine, a UK model though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Yup, there is an apparently November update that will bring hopefully all the features demoed from the live event.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

It must come on an update shortly then. I have the dual sim model.So is mine, a UK model though.

So I've just discovered that my phone is actually not a dual SIM version of the phone, it does have the dual SIM tray but one side is just for the nano storage. Argos had it advertised wrongly, probably because they were using info from international Huawei site. This is not actually a problem for myself as I don't need dual Sims but I thought I'd pass on the info anyway. If your phone is model number LYA-L09 it's single SIM.

Regards Jase
After reading the tips on here, I just tried this, but the video was all black and white. I must admit I was seduced by the ad showing the black and white background and subjects in colour, but I'm now wondering if it's as likely as enabling me to float upwards like the guy in the ad!
Userlevel 5
After reading the tips on here, I just tried this, but the video was all black and white. I must admit I was seduced by the ad showing the black and white background and subjects in colour, but I'm now wondering if it's as likely as enabling me to float upwards like the guy in the ad!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I just tried it also and it worked well, not the floating up in the air, but the video effects.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

After reading the tips on here, I just tried this, but the video was all black and white. I must admit I was seduced by the ad showing the black and white background and subjects in colour, but I'm now wondering if it's as likely as enabling me to float upwards like the guy in the ad!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I just tried it also and it worked well, not the floating up in the air, but the video effects.

The floating parts working for me, best feature of the new phone lolπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 1
The additional video settings only become available once you've updated to emui 9.0.0.122. I got the update today.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Yeah I got the update a few days ago, posted about it elsewhere and had forgot about this thread until the recent comments.
OK, can someone please tell this (getting on a bit) technophobe how to do this? I found it online but it wouldn't download.
Many thanks in advance.
Valliday
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
OK, can someone please tell this (getting on a bit) technophobe how to do this? I found it online but it wouldn't download.
Many thanks in advance.
Valliday

What are you trying to do Valliday, update your phone or use the new features that come with the new update?
Erm, possibly both. Initially I hoped to be able to use the feature of black and white background with colour subjects. I'm told this update should do the trick.
Many thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Ok dokey.
first let's see if your on the correct software, click into settings and scroll all the way down to system and click on that. Next click on software update. If it says you are on version ending in 122(see picture) your all good, if not and your on version ending 108 it will either let you update or tell you that your software is up to date in which case you unfortunately just need to wait but until the update is available, just keep checking as it rolls out in stages. Once your on version 122 we can move on to the next bit.

Hi Jase. It is 122 and says it's up to date. Thanks so much for taking the time to help. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
No problems mate, All you need to do now is follow the instruction on the video posted earlier in this thread, just remember it doesn't work on the selfie camera. Hope you get it working.
Kind regards
Jase.
That's what I was already doing when I first posted. It doesn't work. It's all black and white.
Just tried again and it works off and on... Maybe it will work if I keep trying. Fingers crossed.
Many thanks for your time. 😊
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Just tried again and it works off and on... Maybe it will work if I keep trying. Fingers crossed.
Many thanks for your time. 😊

That's a bit strange, hopefully it sorts itself out.