Answered

Can't transfer photos through USB adapter

Phone: mate 20 pro
USB adapter: ugreen (cheap brand)
Problem: can't transfer data through USB

Detail:

It worked first, I could transfer files or photos from an USB drive or a camera. But suddenly it stopped working. The phone still recognize the device, thumbnails still show. But when I select file and click "move", it shows" select local destination", but nothing pops up to select.

Went to setting→device connectivity→usb, it's set on "reverse charge only", can't not switch to any other option, it will just jump right back to reverse charge.

I went to settings, set as a developer, then system option→turn on USB debugging, restarted the phone. Still doesn't work. It's stuck at "reverse charge only".

PS, checked the USB adapter, it worked no problem on my other old smart phone no problem.

Driving me nuts. This function is crucial to me, please help me to fix it!! Thanks.
icon

Best answer by drhouse 8 May 2019, 18:02

@MillaC , not sure if you managed to solve this issue, but I found one solution which might be helpful to you.

If you would like to transfer files back and forth, download the "xiaomi file manager" from the play store in which it will ask if you would like it to read your usb device, click yes and then you should be able to transfer files.
It is mentioned in this thread: https://uk.community.huawei.com/mate-20-series-20/mate-20-pro-usb-otg-problem-1932#post22386

the user in the thread also used a ugreen device like yours.

Hope this solves your issue!
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @MillaC

Welcome to the Huawei community.

Sorry you're having issues. I wonder if @chillphone , @Jase or @smeeghead might have experience with USB transfers and so be able to help you out?
Thank you @Danjl✌️😊
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Danjl

Go into settings then battery and you should be able to switch off wireless reverse charging here

Cheers
Smeeghead
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Thanks @smeeghead !

@MillaC - hopefully this helps. If not, let us know.
@Danjl @smeeghead thank you guys! Unfortunately it still doesn't work....

I wonder if it's possible that the system got messed up when I tried to use an "on-line raw photo converter" while the camera was connected to the phone. Before that action, the adapter worked. After that, I have this problem. (Did check the adapter, it works with my other phones, so it's not the adapter)
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Thanks @MillaC . Shame it didn't work. I've flagged for the support team to have a look. Hopefully they, or another community member can point to a solution.
Thank you very much @Danjl !
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I think someone else was having similar issues and it turned out to be a weird incompatibly issue with the usb adapter, which was ultimately fixed by purchasing a new but different adapter. As your adapter was working ok I'm not entirely sure what's going on 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit. It was actually a usb reader I was reading about having the incompatibly issues, still doesn't get us nearer an answer unfortunately

Regards Jase
Thanks @Jase !
Yeah, I'll try that as next step. Didn't consider this before is because this adapter worked for a while before.

Will get back with update on a new adapter.✌️
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@MillaC did changing the driver help?

Looking forward to your reply,
Max
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
@MillaC , not sure if you managed to solve this issue, but I found one solution which might be helpful to you.

If you would like to transfer files back and forth, download the "xiaomi file manager" from the play store in which it will ask if you would like it to read your usb device, click yes and then you should be able to transfer files.
It is mentioned in this thread: https://uk.community.huawei.com/mate-20-series-20/mate-20-pro-usb-otg-problem-1932#post22386

the user in the thread also used a ugreen device like yours.

Hope this solves your issue!
@drhouse Cool, I will try that. Thank you so much! ✌🌹
@Max sorry for my late response Max. I haven't tested a new adapter yet. Got busy for a while and totally forgot about it😅.
@drhouse just tried it and it worked! Thanks again!✌️😊