Question

Cannot back up to NAS

Userlevel 1
  • Crouching Tiger
  • 28 replies
I have two MyCloud device. When trying to Back up from one of my MyCloud device, I get the message:

However, there is enough space:

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi tyw7,

If you can PM me with the details of the cloud devices - make build number SN and firmware version and also the SN and build number of the phone, I will gladly open a ticket with the dev team and investigate this further.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 2
I have exactly the same message when trying to back up to a QNap NAS with 6TB of free storage space, when trying to backup the phone says ''not enough storage space''. When I check the NAS the folders for the backup data have been created but no data is backed up.
Userlevel 1
Max wrote:

Hi tyw7,

If you can PM me with the details of the cloud devices - make build number SN and firmware version and also the SN and build number of the phone, I will gladly open a ticket with the dev team and investigate this further.

Best wishes,
Max

done
Userlevel 1

Hi!

I can´t backup via NAS in my huawei p20 pro,. It says that it is not enough storage. Trying to backup to my own unRaid server via SMB share that is Public in my own network.

My phone:
Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29
9.0.0.163(C432E5R1P9)

My server:

HP Z800
Filesystem array: XFS
Cachedisk: BTRFS
Total free space: 3TB

For speed i always write the data to my cachedrive first and then in the night it transfer it to the protected array. Doesnt matter if i write it to the cachedrive or the array directly the phone says it´s not enought space anyway.

I can find the share and the phone can se that it is around 4TB of free space and the backup is 8GB but cant make backup anyway.. Called the Huawei Swedish support but they could not help me so i´ll try with you and see if you guys find anything for this problem :)

Have tried with other P20 Pro aswell as other NAS but same problem.

Please let me know if you need any more information about my setup.

All best!
// Linus
Userlevel 2
I have exactly this issue too. Have reported it and am awaiting an answer. Obviously a software issue with multiple people having same problem...
Userlevel 1
I have the latest version and it still doesn't update to my NAS.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tyw7,

After looking into this inquiry, since these are devices which aren't manufactured by Huawei we were not able to find a solution, you might want to contact the manufacturer of your NAS, they will possibly be able to help you sort this situation out.

Have a great day!
Max
Userlevel 1
Which port Huawei back up over? Weirdly my newer NAS works but the older one doesn't.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tyw7,

Sorry, but we don't completely understand what you mean by that. Would you mind elaborating on that a bit so we could give you the right answers?

Thank you!
Max
Userlevel 1
Basically I have 2 NAS drive from the Western Digital. The WD MyCloud EX2 works with the backup but the older MyCloud doesn't.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tyw7,

Thank you for explaining.

But as mentioned in the previous post we do not manufacture NAS drives, therefore we can not provide further assistance as those are not our devices.

It is best you get in touch with NAS customer care support and inquire further about this.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Can you tell me what protocol is Huawei using to backup the stuff? FTP?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tyw7,

We are sorry but due to our procedures and GDPR rules we are not allowed to disclose the reuqested information.

I hope you can understand.

Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings