Connecting the future: introducing the Mate 20 X 5G

• 26 July 2019
  • 7 replies
Connecting the future: introducing the Mate 20 X 5G
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 2391 replies
Powered by the Balong 5000, HUAWEI's first 7nm multi-mode 5G chipset with the Kirin 980, HUAWEI Mate 20 X (5G) is now ushering in the 5G mobile world. This device launches in the UK today.

Mate 20 X 5G features include:
  • 7.2" OLED screen
  • 4200 mAh battery: Refuel power in mere minutes with the TÜV Safety Certified 40 W HUAWEI SuperCharge.
  • Leica Triple Camera: The 40 MP main RGB camera captures great details, while the 8 MP camera with telephoto lens will focus on your distant shots and the 20 MP camera with Leica Ultra Wide Angle Lens is perfect for landscape photos, group and macro shots.
  • Activate the Memo app directly from the lock screen with the HUAWEI M-Pen (sold separately)

Click here to find out more about the Mate 20 X pro. And check out the full list of specs on this page

What is your favorite feature? Share in the comments!

And yes, the community team have managed to get our hands on one for the Huawei Wonders to review and blog about, so you’ll get real user feedback and first impressions in the coming weeks and months from community members such as @TechZilla, @Golden and @chillphone phone. Want to find out more about what it takes to be a Huawei Wonder?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Oooh I like the screen size.
Though Mate X may blow this out of the water.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Here are my first impressions regarding the MATE 20 X 5G.
The size of the screen along with the huge amount of RAM and storage is going to be very popular. I'm interested to see how the battery holds out though.
Is this device safe to use obviously bringing up issues between the US and China?

Also does this have access to Google Play Store?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
@Ash01 the version sold in Europe comes with the European EMUI version and the usual 2 years of warranty. Google Play Store/Services are supported, the device was actually "announced" long before the ban was placed on Huawei.

Huawei has also pledged to continue providing updates and customer support for their devices, so not much to worry about.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
For those in the UK and interested in the device, Three is running a promo gifting the M-Pen to the first 1000 customers. Not sure whether they've already sold 1000 devices, I doubt they would leave the promo up once reaching that amount.

Userlevel 4
Badge
Now that's nice.Especially the BIG screen.
It would be interesting to see how it stacks up against my current Mate 20 Pro in terms of camera performance and overall usability