Answered

Connecting to Samsung smart tv

I've just purchased a mate 20 Pro, although I'm enjoying the handset I'm struggling to connect it to my Samsung smart tv, so I can cast things like showbox to my TV.
What's the easiest way to do this because the wireless projection on the phone doesn't work.
icon

Best answer by Max 17 November 2018, 04:27

Hi Ihanson,
On your Mate 20 Pro you could use the Wireless projection to project a second screen. That means you can now use Desktop mode wirelessly.
Wireless projection allows you to connect to an external display and supports both screen mirroring (Phone mode) and second screen (Desktop mode) projection.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Ihanson,
On your Mate 20 Pro you could use the Wireless projection to project a second screen. That means you can now use Desktop mode wirelessly.
Wireless projection allows you to connect to an external display and supports both screen mirroring (Phone mode) and second screen (Desktop mode) projection.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Hi I'd like to project my phone Huawei Mate 20 pro to the TV Samsung 7 Series UA55NU7100WXX. However after trying to connect via wireless projection on Huawei, it detected the TV fine and attempted connection.

It says it got connected, but after 30 secs or so it gets automatically disconnected and the phone / desktop never shows up on TV display.

Is there a way to project to screen specifically for Samsung TV or is this a known issue?

Perhaps dekstop mode is causing the issue? Huawei detects that this TV can do both desktop/phone mode though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi acrlytesoul,

Sorry to hear the situation. There is no specifics that I am aware off in regards to a Samsung TV, but for them i would recommend you inquire with Samsung support since they have better grasp on their own devices.
Have you also tried via a cabled connection or with a different brand smart tv? Dose it perform the same?

Looking forward to your reply,
Max
Hi guys,

I have had my huawei mate 20 Pro for about a month now, I recently tried to connect to my smart TV at home however I have black screen when I switch from desktop mode to phone mode..... I reset the phone and still the same blacks reen on phone mode.

Anyone else having same issue or are the any work around?

Cheers
Mo
Hi all,

An update to this issue - I now can project to the same Samsung TV after the latest firmware update from Huawei on my device (9.0.0.168) on my LYA-L29.

However, it seems that this update have now broken Google Pay as now it fails SafetyNet check (CTS Profile).

Does Huawei support team have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.
I just got my mate 20 pro. Swapped from an s7 edge, I've got it on our Samsung 55 curved TV in less than 5 min, just download the Samsung Smart view app _ it's what I used to use for my s7. Works fine
MORAHMAN wrote:

Hi guys,

I have had my huawei mate 20 Pro for about a month now, I recently tried to connect to my smart TV at home however I have black screen when I switch from desktop mode to phone mode..... I reset the phone and still the same blacks reen on phone mode.

Anyone else having same issue or are the any work around?

Cheers
Mo

I have the same problem. I tried on two televisions, same issue. On one is worked ok ten days ago. I think problem is on update. Any answers, suggestions?

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings