My Mate 20 Pro makes a crackling sound even with the speaker disabled (vol. on 0)!
When you open any audio playing app such as, Whatsapp, Spotify, Youtube etc and pause it. Press your ear against the USB-C charging port you will hear some faint whitenoise coming out of it, which is so irritating.
I already checked on several websites and it should be fixed on Firmware 122, but I am already on Firmware 153 and the issue isn't fixed. Anyone else still getting the same problem?
Best answer by Max
We're sorry to hear about the situation!
To have this sorted out we'd recommend first clearing the Cache partition.
Follow these steps:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.
Additionally you could try a factory reset as well!
Please let us know if this changed things up!