Answered

Crackling sound on Mate 20 pro

• 15 January 2019
  • 8 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
Hi,

My Mate 20 Pro makes a crackling sound even with the speaker disabled (vol. on 0)!

When you open any audio playing app such as, Whatsapp, Spotify, Youtube etc and pause it. Press your ear against the USB-C charging port you will hear some faint whitenoise coming out of it, which is so irritating.

I already checked on several websites and it should be fixed on Firmware 122, but I am already on Firmware 153 and the issue isn't fixed. Anyone else still getting the same problem?
icon

Best answer by Max 16 April 2019, 13:01

Hey everyone!

We're sorry to hear about the situation!

To have this sorted out we'd recommend first clearing the Cache partition.

Follow these steps:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Additionally you could try a factory reset as well!

Please let us know if this changed things up!

Best wishes,
Max
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Nope, not getting and sound at all when pausing videos or music within any app that I've tried.
Have you any apps running in the background by any chance? Or are you using any third party launchers?

Regards Jase
Hi,
Nope, I don't use a third party launcher.

It is just some kind of a delay of muting the sound when you close an app.
Problem still exist?

I have the same Sound problem.
Firmware 9.0.0.210
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey everyone!

We're sorry to hear about the situation!

To have this sorted out we'd recommend first clearing the Cache partition.

Follow these steps:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Additionally you could try a factory reset as well!

Please let us know if this changed things up!

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, I 'be tried both options, first cache wipe and than factory reset. Nothing changed after either option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Ge301,

Sorry for the lack of response in this thread. Please reach out to our official support channels if the above suggestions did not solve your issues and you still need help https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.
Hi, I 'be tried both options, first cache wipe and than factory reset. Nothing changed after either option.
Yeah
I have the same Problem and ITS driving me crazy.
First this green-screen Problem and then this.
I am really dissapointed from Huawei.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Baban - if you're still having issues, please contact the local support team.