Answered

Dead pixel on my huawei mate 20 pro

• 15 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Just a few days ago, a tiny dead pixel (tiny red dot) has appeared near my right bottom part of my phone, i have tried restarting my phone and stuff but the pixel is not going. What can i do? I have just purchased my phone round 2 months ago when it was first

released.
icon

Best answer by Jmoon 16 February 2019, 14:31

I know it's a pain to have to wait until Monday, but at least phone is useable in meantime. You will need to send phone away probably, but it will get sorted 👍
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
If it's there all the time, it sounds very much like a hardware fault. You might try using one of the screen test apps off Google Play just to prove it. Also try doing a screen shot. If it's not on the shot, then it sounds like a faulty LCD so you will need to send it in for repair.

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve,
Ive already tried a few screen test, and when i take a screenshot it doesnt appear on the screenshot. Im guessing it is a faulty LCD. I have contacted huawei but not heard of a response yet. Is there anyway this can go?
If it's there all the time, it sounds very much like a hardware fault. You might try using one of the screen test apps off Google Play just to prove it. Also try doing a screen shot. If it's not on the shot, then it sounds like a faulty LCD so you will need to send it in for repair.

Cheers

Steve
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Asmakhan

If it's a faulty OLED display (the Mate 20 Pro has an OLED screen, not LCD) then it should be covered by the Huawei 2 year warranty. I take it you contacted them through the HiCare app?
Hi @Jmoon@Jmoon
I have contacted them now through the app letting them knw the fault in my OLED screen (thank you) but i had email customer services before and reported a fault, the live chat is currently close and will open on monday, im waiting on a reply frm them at the moment.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I know it's a pain to have to wait until Monday, but at least phone is useable in meantime. You will need to send phone away probably, but it will get sorted 👍
Thank you for you help @Jmoon
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Sorry I meant CRT 🙂