Answered

Does the Huawei Mate 20 Lite Have Image Stabilisation, (software not hardware stabilisation)?

• 2 May 2019
  • 3 replies

I notice, on the Carphone Warehouse website, that the Mate 20 Lite camera has image stabilisation. I know that when it comes to the video, there is image stabilisation. Can I assume that if there is video stabilisation, when it comes to taking photos, the software will stabilise images?
icon

Best answer by Max 3 May 2019, 10:31

Hey @Pookie1970 , welcome back!

We're happy to hear that you're interested in our product!

The Mate 20 Lite does not have OIS (Optical Image stabilization), but it has software based stabilization for recording. Image stabilization is not something that helps you take clear photos, but the shutter speed does help with focusing faster.

I hope this answered your question!

Cheers,
Max
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Pookie1970 , welcome back!

We're happy to hear that you're interested in our product!

The Mate 20 Lite does not have OIS (Optical Image stabilization), but it has software based stabilization for recording. Image stabilization is not something that helps you take clear photos, but the shutter speed does help with focusing faster.

I hope this answered your question!

Cheers,
Max
Slightly disappointed. What is OIS for, if not to stabilise the image?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Pookie1970

The OIS is a mechanical image stabilization technology powered by motors, which stabilizes the photography process by controlling the path of light to the image sensor. As the Mate 20 Lite is a mid-range model, it doesn't have the OIS feature, which is reserved for flagship models, such as the Huawei P30 Pro.

I hope this proves useful to you. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Best regards,
Max