Answered

Drop Down Icon Query - Cat?

• 23 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Hello, I have just got my first Huawei phone. Its the Mate 20 Pro. So far I'm loving it but I'm having an issue with a drop down icon that I have no idea what it is or does.

Its a face of some kind with ???? underneath. If I long press it, I get a blank screen. The face kind of looks like a cat.
icon

Best answer by Owen-Rhys 25 January 2019, 02:38

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @noodle86stu

Congrats on the Mate 20 Pro. Hmm, can't identify it from that description but it sounds like it could be from an old app. Did you restore from Google back-ups or set-up as new?

Maybe you can take a screenshot of the icon then upload it here?
Hello mate. Yeah I did a transfer so possibly that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Yeah, seems likely. I've never seen that icon before but maybe someone else will be able to identify it. Might be worth going through and having an early Spring clean of your apps until you find the guilty party. Hope you're enjoying the Mate 20 Pro otherwise.
Yeah I've only had it a day but I'm enjoying it so far.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @noodle86stu,

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your newly purchased Huawei device!

In regards to your inquiry, the icon in the screenshot provided might be due to a third party application installed.
As @Jmoon recommended, it would be best advised to uninstall recent applications one by one and see which one was the cause for the cute cat icon.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Userlevel 2
isn't this due to the android 8.0 easter egg?

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-play-googles-secret-neko-atsume-style-easter-egg-1786123017
Yeah it certainly looks like the old easter egg but I have no idea how to get rid of it.
Userlevel 2
Yeah it certainly looks like the old easter egg but I have no idea how to get rid of it.

You need to click on the pen icon on the notification panel, drag the cat down to the bottom and it should be hidden from the navigation bar 😊
It came from chinese spying app
Userlevel 4
It came from chinese spying app

EMUI? 😂