Question

Face enrol not working on mate 20 pro

• 11 February 2019
  • 10 replies

i received the latest 9.0.0.187 update yesterday for my mate 20 pro and now my phone will not unlock using face recognition and will no long allow me to register my face, it tells me to look directly at the screen but does not tell me to look around in a circle like it used to it just stays saying look at the screen. it was fine before the update. please help

10 replies

i have exactly the same problem and didnt find a fix yet. i suppose it must be an app which disturbe the function?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @N4T3,

Sorry for the lack of replies from our support team. Did you still manage to solve this?

If not, I recommend that you contact the support team directly: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @N4T3,

Sorry to see that a reset didn't work. I flagged this topic for our support team but if you need help now, please phone the hotline: 08000 886 700.
Nothing has worked still unable to use it
Yes I did it has not worked I have also cleared all the cache and storage on the camera app
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
hi @N4T3 , did you try a reset as Amy suggested for Djisgod?

Hi Djisgod,

Thank you for asking your question! Did you try it in different light? If it's not working, please try a reset. You can read a how to in this thread.

Will you keep us updated? :)
Hello guys I have the same problems and my firmware is 9.0.0.198 and my face will and does not work
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Oh thats good to hear! Did you change any of the settings?
reset did not fix it. i decided to just keep using the phone and today it has suddenly started working again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Djisgod,

Thank you for asking your question! Did you try it in different light? If it's not working, please try a reset. You can read a how to in this thread.

Will you keep us updated? 🙂