Question

FreeBuds sound delay

Hello guys,
One year ago I purchased the Freebuds,
With the OnePlus 5 everything was great.
Half year ago I bought the Mate 20 Pro,
Amazing device,
Since there I had alot of delay problems with my Freebuds,
In YouTube, Netflix, chrome and games.
To fix it I had to format again and again the Freebuds,
Now it's not helping any more.
I like those earbuds, it wasn't chip at all.
Please help.

19 replies

Have you tried changing the codec that is being used?

Slide down to open up the settings menu, hopefully your Bluetooth icon is there, long press on it to open up the Bluetooth menu. Each device has its own settings menu, tap that and look for 'playback quality' and 'high quality sound' settings.

Slide down to open up the settings menu, hopefully your Bluetooth icon is there, long press on it to open up the Bluetooth menu. Each device has its own settings menu, tap that and look for 'playback quality' and 'high quality sound' settings.

Hi,
Thanks for replying and trying to help
Nothing in there,
Only p

lace that I can check the codec is in the Developer settings

Hi,
Thanks for replying and trying to help
Nothing in there,
Only p

lace that I can check the codec is in the Developer settings

found any solution? I have new p30 pro and new freebuds lite and they have horrible 1s lag
Hello, my new freebuds lite are out of sync for almost 1 second when watching videos on all my devices or listening to music. Any idea? I teste my other bluetooth headphones and they have no lag
No solution when it's happening only with Huawei and not OnePlus or Samsung
No solution when it's happening only with Huawei and not OnePlus or Samsung
but i tried them on my laptop and its the same. So its problem with freebuds
I have the same problem with them only I’m using iPhone xs max there an annoying delay tried unpair it didn’t work and i just bought it today hopefully you’ll fix it
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I flagged this thread for our support team. They will be able to share your feedback with the developers. 🙂
My device mate 20 pro in I can't injoy with any Bluetooth headphones because the latency is so high im bought the freebuds 2 pro the alot latency on Netflix or YouTube in same time i test the freebuds with another Samsung device its good no latency between vedio & audio
Im test so many Bluetooth headphones with my device or another huawei Device there same issue
Im hate huawei because it 😷😷😷😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Please if there update solve This issue 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Im spend my all money to tray a different Bluetooth because the huawei device bad Bluetooth latency
Well, i have the same problem but with any bluetooth earphones. I just got new P30 pro and the delay makes videos unwatchable. I don't have this problem with my LG G6. Is there anything I can do? Otherwise I would return the device and get something else.

One solution I found is to change the codec from AAC to SBC in developer options. Then there is no delay. The probpem is this has to be done everytime the earphones are connected. I think it's a serious bug in P30 (and possibly others) device.
Hello dears,

I will be very thankful if someone could help me about an issue .
Yesterday I bought a Freebud lite headphone , it has sound delay or lag like a second or less , but it is so annoying , I have Huawei p20 pro , I also tried it with many devices and still the same , It is a clear lag , please help me out , the weird thing is that I tried like 3 other freebuds in the store they were all the same !
Should i take it to Huawei repair center or what ?

thank you ...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Kako_Salam , Hi, I moved your post here as this thread covers the same issue and is flagged with the support team.
Galaxy S6, same problem. Bought FreeBuds yesterday. Tried troubleshooting, nothing changes. I'm really disappointed. 😞
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello all!

We are sorry for these issues you are experiencing!

Can you please provide me in pm the serial numbers of the Free Buds? I will assist you in private after this.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I have the same issue with my Mate 20 Pro and the FreeBuds 2 Pro. As using a Huawei only system I would expect it to work just fine but it doesn't. Devices are updated to the latest software and the Bluetooth cache has been reseted. I tried the developer setting and I had the feeling that the feeling that the sound latency is better with the SBC but not great.

Hope this can be fixed somehow?!
I got Huawei Mate 20 X and I just got freebuds lite and I did the update using the app and I have noticed there is a slight sound delay when watching YouTube videos, is there a way to fix this issue?

Thank you
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@SamKu I moved your post here to avoid duplication. Please see Barney's comment and contact him via DM:

Hello all!

Can you please provide me in pm the serial numbers of the Free Buds? I will assist you in private after this.

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Same problem experienced on p20 pro latest EMUI 9.1.0.311.
FreeBuds assistant 2.6
It is very annoying... Is Huawei working on it?
Grrrrrrrrrrr
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Chrisparis75 - please pm @BarneyT with the details he requests:

Hello all!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT