Answered

Google Discover is not working

• 25 November 2018
  • 9 replies

I am looking for help with regards to the Google Discover on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro as lately this Google feature is not working and the Discover settings are all grey (i.e. Not functioning)
Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Babisz 10 December 2018, 21:54

I think it's a Google account problem factory reset won't help, I know it's a Huawei forum but I have the same problem with my pixel 2 xl and my Nexus 6p I have the same goolge account in both phone's and the discover feed has suddenly stopped working in both phones , I gave a feedback of the problem to Google but no response yet 1 week now and no fix
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mark Alribema,

Have you tried wiping the cache and the data of the google service in question from Settings > Apps> Apps ?

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately it did not work.

Regards
Mark.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that the initial troubleshooting did not work.
If you can please go to Phone Manager > Battery > App Launch > here toggle the global option to Manual management for a period of time and test the google discover app. It is possible that the ai has noticed a significant consumption on the app in the background and has stopped it.

Please let me know how it goes.
Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max,

Sorry it did not work either but I am having this screen when I am trying to change the settings of Google Discover. Maybe this will help you better.

Thanks and regards
Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that. The only other possible situation would be a software conflict caused by some application. To remedy this the quickest way would be a factory reset.
To do a factory reset, you simply have to go into Settings- on top there is a search bar - just search for the word "Reset". Among the search results presented there will be Factory Reset. It will ask for a confirmation and then proceed to delete all internal memory from the device restoring it to a factory condition.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max,

Sorry to inform you but when I went to Settings and typed reset there was no option of a Factory reset.

The options I had were Reset phone (which did nothing), Reset Network Settings, Reset all settings and Reset.

I appreciate alot your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and regards
Mark
I think it's a Google account problem factory reset won't help, I know it's a Huawei forum but I have the same problem with my pixel 2 xl and my Nexus 6p I have the same goolge account in both phone's and the discover feed has suddenly stopped working in both phones , I gave a feedback of the problem to Google but no response yet 1 week now and no fix
Just got fixed by itself after 10 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Mark Alribema,

As @Babisz mentioned, have you tried removing your current Google Account to see if the option for Google Discover is enabled?
Additionally, could you try adding a different google account or create a test one just to check in regards to this?

Let us know how it goes! 😀

Max