Question

Has Huawei dropped aptx support in mate 20 series ?!

After the update , I couldn't find the aptx codec in developer options ?! Is that for real ?!

11 replies

Up
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi @Mahmoud mohamed abdelmonem , welcome to our community!

I realize that this a difficult situation.

Unfortunately, some of the features are removed with the new updates, but I will send this to the development team so they can include this again in one of the upcoming updates!

Thank you for the feedback!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
when i paired my meizu bluetooth headset and on the list of paired bluetooth devices im getting meizu aptx, so think they just removed if from developer settings
when i paired my meizu bluetooth headset and on the list of paired bluetooth devices im getting meizu aptx, so think they just removed if from developer settings
Eventually , it is not here . Really huawei !! Dropped a phone with a certain software option then rolled it back . Is that even for real ?! Iam using this codec alot for gaming so what should I do ?! Dump my phone or purchasing a new one . The real mess that I couldn't find it on aptx site as a supported device while the pro version is over there .

Hi @Mahmoud mohamed abdelmonem , welcome to our community!

I realize that this a difficult situation.

Unfortunately, some of the features are removed with the new updates, but I will send this to the development team so they can include this again in one of the upcoming updates!

Thank you for the feedback!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

Any time schedule for such process ?!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi @Mahmoud mohamed abdelmonem!

Unfortunately I don't have any information regarding this, but be sure, that I will let you know when the update will be launched!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I wondered why my headphones kept dropped signal while my phone was in my pocket. The bluetooth audio quality has greatly degraded. Please bring aptx support back.
Bit worrying seeing this and EIS (video stabilisation whilst recording video) seemingly going missing from the Mate 20 Lite. I've never known a phone to start losing important features through updates before..
Same for Mate Pro 10.
Damn, this is my first and my last Huawei device. Numerous gliches and issues from day 1 - music in Android Auto not working properly, videos not stabilized in Google Photos, etc.
But this time it is too much.
I've bought a device with certain specs and now you simply just cut the feature down and tell me "no information"?
Won't hesitate to drop that brick and go back to brands which are worth of it's money. And let everyone around know the experience you gave me.

Very frustated.
Same for Mate Pro 10.
Damn, this is my first and my last Huawei device. Numerous gliches and issues from day 1 - music in Android Auto not working properly, videos not stabilized in Google Photos, etc.
But this time it is too much.
I've bought a device with certain specs and now you simply just cut the feature down and tell me "no information"?
Won't hesitate to drop that brick and go back to brands which are worth of it's money. And let everyone around know the experience you gave me.

Very frustated.

The real problem is that the phone is still advertised on their website as containing those codecs !! To be honest , this is the weirdest sitaution I have ever had with a reputable company .

How would you even depate a missed feature that is already implmented on paper ?! And the only answer they have that we don't know exactly even about the situation !! Are you kidding hauwei ?!!
This is a screenshot just right now from their site . If I am living in the states and they are operating there , I swear I may sue them for false advertising and take a compensation for their manipulation .