Answered

How to disable sound notifications for Messenger without muting my Mate 20

• 27 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello all, recently I bought the Huawei Mate 20 and I can't find the option to disable the sound of messenger notifications. On my old device (S7 Edge) the sounds for notifications and ringing were divided. Here if I want to disable my messenger notification sounds I either have to mute my phone and never hear when somebody is calling or disable the notifications altogether and I wouldn't see the LED light and vibration when I receive a message. I would be very thankful if somebody would help me with this issue, otherwise I really enjoy the Mate 20 and I think it's an excellent device.
icon

Best answer by smeeghead 27 February 2019, 09:27

Hi there
I think what you are experiencing is actually not a fault of the mate 20 but a restriction in the actual messenger app as I have already contacted Google about this same issue as previously you could mute the sounds in the app
Cheers
Smeeghead
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi there
I think what you are experiencing is actually not a fault of the mate 20 but a restriction in the actual messenger app as I have already contacted Google about this same issue as previously you could mute the sounds in the app
Cheers
Smeeghead
You can disable notifications sound by going

Settings > Notifications and by disabling the type of messenger you want.

Unfortunately There is no way to change the sounds to individual apps although somehow FB Messenger has it's own sound..
Userlevel 4
Badge
Ok I have the messenger lite version. Also a p20 pro but I don't see why mate should be different.

Now if I go to the phone settings then Apps, then Apps again, then messenger app, then Notification Management then Sound at the top it says Preset Sounds with None as an option.

If you select that I'm guessing it should silence the notification.